AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Magda
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:04 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby Magda » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 am

Friends,

I am sure you are aware that earlier in the month MPI Cognition was acquired by AHNP Precision Health. Today, AHNP Precision Health is lunching the ReCode protocol. Here is more on that:

https://www.prweb.com/releases/ahnp_pre ... 655386.htm

and here is a description of the product:
(I logged in to their service and it looks that its only available, for now, in the USA and its priced at $1,399)

https://www.ahnphealth.com/#home

Be well,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline

Cat111
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby Cat111 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:30 am

Do you know how it works for people that signed up for ReCODE? I just signed up 2 months ago and to my 1st doctor appointment Aug 1st. Is there some merging of the 2 programs? Thank you.
Cat111
ApoE 4/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT Apoc1 TOMM40 HLA DQ and not giving up!

NF52
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1082
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Eastern U.S.

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby NF52 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Cat111 wrote:Do you know how it works for people that signed up for ReCODE? I just signed up 2 months ago and to my 1st doctor appointment Aug 1st. Is there some merging of the 2 programs? Thank you.
Hi Cat,

APOE4. Info isn't affiliated with either MPI Cognition or AHNP:Precision Health. So I'm not sure anybody here can give you the answer. The MPI Cognition site is still online https://www.drbredesen.com/. It probably makes sense to call them directly and ask that question @ 1-800-450-0805.

Since AHNP:Precision Health purchased the ReCode Protocol from MPI Cognition, and Dr. Bredesen is affiliated with both, they should have a plan in place for folks like you. In your case, since it sounds like you have not yet seen a doctor to order labs, you'd want to make sure that AHNP will run the ReCode report for the labs your doctor orders under the same contract provisions as MPI Cognition.

You also may want to check also to see the total estimated cost of the labs that your doctor recommends (whether some are paid by insurance, some by you through an online lab service or through an agreement your doctor has with an area lab). If that is going to be more than $ 500. you may want to call AHNP http://www.ahnphealth.com/ to see if they will move your "contract" over to their program and have an additional cost of only $ 499. ($1399-$900 cost of MPI).

Good luck--and if your find out information that would help others, feel free to post an update!
4/4 and still an optimist!

User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby floramaria » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Cat111 wrote:Do you know how it works for people that signed up for ReCODE? I just signed up 2 months ago and to my 1st doctor appointment Aug 1st. Is there some merging of the 2 programs? Thank you.


Hi Cat11, When I heard this news about Precision Health last week, I wrote to MPI Cognition. I am entering client data into ReCODE but have not generated a report yet, and feared that everything I had done so far would be lost. The support team at Dr Bredesen.com assured me that everything will remain the same for patients who are already in the ReCODE system. Log in will be the same for both Practitioners and Patients. Since you must have already signed up, created an account and found a provider, you should be fine; I doubt that there will be any implications of this for you even if there are changes made down the road. It should be fine for your doctor too. I believe MPI Cognition Precision Health and will do everything they can to make any transition as seamless as possible.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)

aristocraft
New User
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby aristocraft » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi; I'm Terrence, and have started toward using the Bredesen Protocol for myself and my wife Cynthia.
We had a setback right after doing the first labs - the urinalysis, and the blood work. We received the lab reports, but have not yet had an evaluation of same by a practitioner, because our first practitioner, Dr. Sieberg, decided to quit private practice medicine and do wound medicine. So we are now going to get an appointment with Dr. Yadava in the St. Lous area, and hope to have our first analysis of our lab reports, of which I have copies.
We have both AHNP and ReCODE (Reverse) ... (I think, as I get billed monthly.)
I am anxious about applying the protocol as we live 50 miles east of St. Louis, and very little organic food is available, so shopping will require a lot of driving.
But I want to identify any sources of our decline before it gets too bad.
Also my spouse is ApoE4, and I thankfully I am not ... so that I can help her...she was MoCA 17. I'm 27.
I'm looking forward to shared experiences offered by this site... and any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Davida
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby Davida » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:09 pm

aristocraft wrote:Hi; I'm Terrence, and have started toward using the Bredesen Protocol for myself and my wife Cynthia.
We had a setback right after doing the first labs - the urinalysis, and the blood work. We received the lab reports, but have not yet had an evaluation of same by a practitioner, because our first practitioner, Dr. Sieberg, decided to quit private practice medicine and do wound medicine. So we are now going to get an appointment with Dr. Yadava in the St. Lous area, and hope to have our first analysis of our lab reports, of which I have copies.
We have both AHNP and ReCODE (Reverse) ... (I think, as I get billed monthly.)
I am anxious about applying the protocol as we live 50 miles east of St. Louis, and very little organic food is available, so shopping will require a lot of driving.
But I want to identify any sources of our decline before it gets too bad.
Also my spouse is ApoE4, and I thankfully I am not ... so that I can help her...she was MoCA 17. I'm 27.
I'm looking forward to shared experiences offered by this site... and any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.


Hi Terrence and a warm welcome to you and your wife to the Apoe4 community. I think you will find this to be a very thoughtful, caring and informative group. One that can offer assistance and support during frustrating moments. I commend you for starting on the Bredesen Protocol and being willing to make some of the lifestyle changes and supporting your wife in such a positive way. Hopefully you will get into see Dr. Yadava soon and some of your anxiety will lessen. Sometimes starting slow is the best way to go. I was wondering if you had a farmer's market near you to purchase produce? If you can't get organic, washing food well will even help.

There is a wonderful section on our site called the Primer written by a member physician that provides information on the science behind the gene plus tips on lifestyle choices and prevention strategies. And, the Wiki as well provides more in-depth information on topics of interest to you such as recipes from some of our members. Using the magnifying glass on the tool bar near you name and searching Bredesen Protocol will allow you to see what others have written about their experiences.

Again, welcome. Let us hear more from you and please don't hesitate to post any questions you may have.

My best,

Davida
Davida
FMCHC
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches Certification 2018

User avatar
Sara
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Between PA and FL
Contact:

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby Sara » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 am

aristocraft wrote:Hi; I'm Terrence, and have started toward using the Bredesen Protocol for myself and my wife Cynthia.
I am anxious about applying the protocol as we live 50 miles east of St. Louis, and very little organic food is available, so shopping will require a lot of driving.

Hi Terrence and a warm welcome to both you and your wife to the apoe4.info site! Kudo's on your proactive planning with the ReCODE/Reverse protocols. I noted your concern about locating organic foods and wanted to share a couple of ideas. While it is helpful to have a Whole Foods, Trader Joe, or Sprout Market in close proximity - many of the leading grocery chains carry a line of organic products. Sometimes the organic products are kept in a separate location in the store and sometimes they are mingled within their product lines. You can also purchase many products on line via Amazon, Thrive Market, etc. Costco has a wide variety of organic products as well. Wishing you the very best!
Certified ReCODE Practitioner/Health Coach
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Supporting loved one diagnosed with AD

aristocraft
New User
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby aristocraft » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks, Sara.
I've noticed that Walmart is now carrying a few things, scattered about the store. I think I'll suggest the manager consider putting them in a single location.
C and I appreciate your help.

deproduction
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:27 pm

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby deproduction » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 pm

I'm curious about other people's experience with AHNP Health.
I paid $1,400 for their ReCODE protocol and it took them several months to get me test results. There was zero personal interaction, just organizing my test results into a report that helps make sense of the results... useful, but certainly not worth $1,400. Most of the same tests I have been able to get from my healthcare provider (Kaiser Permanente) for much less (in some cases, free).
AHNP took 5 or 6 months to get me my report, and asked me for $900 more for their ReVERSE program before the results even came through. I'm somewhat desperate for solutions, so I subsequently agreed to pay for ReVERSE despite my poor experience with ReCODE, and now 3 months later, I've heard nothing from them. I don't think its a scam, by any means, just maybe disorganized.
Tony

User avatar
SamNZ
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Postby SamNZ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:54 am

deproduction wrote:I'm curious about other people's experience with AHNP Health.
I paid $1,400 for their ReCODE protocol and it took them several months to get me test results. There was zero personal interaction, just organizing my test results into a report that helps make sense of the results... useful, but certainly not worth $1,400. Most of the same tests I have been able to get from my healthcare provider (Kaiser Permanente) for much less (in some cases, free).
AHNP took 5 or 6 months to get me my report, and asked me for $900 more for their ReVERSE program before the results even came through. I'm somewhat desperate for solutions, so I subsequently agreed to pay for ReVERSE despite my poor experience with ReCODE, and now 3 months later, I've heard nothing from them. I don't think its a scam, by any means, just maybe disorganized.
Tony


Hi Tony, I cannot help you with your response but am very interested in other peoples answers as Bredesens' work found me to this website in the first place. Thank you for joining our community, I hope you get some answers soon, please let us know your experiences. I thought I might send the web link to this forum page to AHNP so they are aware of issues out there - would that be ok with you?

I would like to congratulate you on being so productive about tackling the issues you are facing, if you have been following us for a while I am sure you are aware of this but if not, the best place to start on this site is the Primer which gives you a wealth of information. The other place to find more specific answers is in the Wiki section that is updated regularly, and if you cant find answers there search the forums. Again welcome to our community we hope we can help you and I know that as you move through the ReVERSE process will be able to offer a valuable insight to our readers. Welcome again.
Samantha McBride
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach


Return to “Announcements and Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest