Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by Julie G »

Thanks, George! I know AB4Me is in as well. I know those folks will eventually RSVP...and hopefully lots more.

Yay SarahAnne. I look forward to meeting you and your Dad :D

I hope folks will weigh in with their thoughts on sharing some meals. I especially want to make a point to include those not staying at the house. Sharing dinner after the presentations is a great opportunity for socializing.

I'm proposing the Mission Heirloon Garden Cafe in Berkley @ 5PM on the 27th and am wide open for suggestions for a restaurant along the San Fransisco piers on the 28th following the Gladstone visit, also around 5PM.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

I will be there as well. I received a direct invite from The Buck Institute (looks like invite to hear Dr Bredesen is also extended to their mailing list). I'm guessing I should only RSVP here?
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

Oh my goodness... I'm reeling with envy! We're scheduled for our annual Keys vacation just prior to this meet-up, so I just can't be there :(. However, I'm excited to say that I think I can catch up with Stavia on her Florida stop...so a tiny happy there.

Enjoy my fellow fours; I hope we get to read some of the great reports here.

Thanks to Julie, you've done a TERRIFIC job on the itinerary! (ok, carry on, no more hijack from me).
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

We will miss you, Silver; but I know you'll be with us in spirit. Of course, we'll share all we learn. I'm so happy you'll get to meet Stavia. Her visit is the impetus behind the entire meet-up.

So happy you'll be there aB4Me :D The RSVP here is primarily so that I can let ALL of the venues know how many to expect. If The Buck requires a seperate RSVP, I'd probably do that as well.

As a local, I'd appreciate your thoughts on meals/restaurants from above. Thanks!
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

George is right. My husband and I plan to attend everything.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

Juliegee wrote: As a local, I'd appreciate your thoughts on meals/restaurants from above. Thanks!
Mission Heirloom is a great choice-- if we have a head count, I could try to make a reservation. Other restaurants to consider: Chez Panisse Cafe, Cafe Rouge, Revival, Venus (fish and veggies/salads). Mexican food: Picante, Dona Tomas, Cactus Taqueria (low on veggies). Thai Food-- many places.
Mission Heirloom will have the cleanest food of anyplace in town....
Also many great restaurants in SF.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks, AB4Me :D

Mission Heirloom is a great choice for the 27th @ 5PM. Please RSVP here as well so we can make a reservation. Once I get a few folks to commit, I'll add it to the itinerary.

Any ideas for restaurants following our Gladstone meeting? I was thinking something around Fisherman's Wharf, but I'm wide open to suggestions.

I know folks staying in the commune may want to cook (and that's fne,) but I'm trying to create social opportunities that can include everyone. Starfish, Kit & Hubs, AB4Me, etc. may want a chance to spend quality time with us. Tell me what you want to do...
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

I will be joining everything where everyone is going. Julie, you're in charge of my activities completely. I will be glued to everyone.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

I second Stavia's following Julie's lead. I will follow right after Stavia.
Starfish
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Reeling here, too. I will be there in the fullest of spirit. You all are going to have an amazing time. xoxo