News from our SFO Meet-up

Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Re: News from our SFO Meet-up

Post by Gilgamesh »

Working now!

Julie, what an amazing public speaker you are! I'm so glad it's you speaking "for" us.

Un abrazo
GB
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

You are too kind, G. I’d be delighted for you to take the next gig :D I have to admit, It took a lot of courage to stand up and tell my/our story- understatement. The only reason I did it was to give HOPE to others. I certainly don’t claim to be an Alzheimer’s “survivor” as Dr. Bredesen calls me, but I was clearly headed on a trajectory that was going in the wrong direction.

Alzheimer’s disease takes decades to develop. I am convinced that without making the dietary and lifestyle changes I did, I would have succumbed. I’m hugely grateful to have had our group "think tank” to have walked me through this journey. I see us helping many others change their trajectories every day. BTW, I think I look and sound like a complete DORK. I was so nervous my lips stuck to my teeth and my mouth wasn’t working properly- LOL.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Here is more of the story for Yadong Huang and Robert Mahley's work at the Gladstone:

Summary: http://gladstoneinstitutes.org/u/gctr/a ... cture.html

The patents cover a lot of the material in their presentation to us.

Patent on corrector: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis ... 964598.pdf

Patent on fragment assay: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis ... 046381.pdf
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Juliegee wrote:BTW, I think I look and sound like a complete DORK.
Julie, you were wonderful. I know everyone in our group thinks you did an absolutely OUTSTANDING job representing us. Your story is very compelling. I commonly use your story when I describe the E4 situation to others. The elements that stand out are 1) your relative youth; 2) your dramatic decline in function; 3) your determination to reverse this decline, seeking out the best advice you could find; 4) how your decline dramatically reversed with lifestyle changes; 4) how you can "see" changes both in cognitive function and lipid profile with changes in diet (living on a knife edge); and 5) your determination to change your fate, in part by being a central focus point in starting and pushing this group forward.

We all appreciate you and your efforts tremendously!!
Tincup
E3,E4
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Nah you didn't look like a dork. You looked adorable and articulate and charming and extremely smart. Which you are.
My hubby thinks you are amazing.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

Julie - NOT a dork. You were very capable, articulate and engaging.

To GeorgeN's comments I would add:

6) Your generosity in helping other E4s learn to improve their own health!
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bentkat »

I didn't have time to view the video yesterday, when the link worked for me. Now that I have time to watch, I am denied access. Any suggestions? :cry:
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Bentkat, I'm not sure what's wrong. I've repeatedly had to cut & re-paste to keep it working. I may save to my One Drive for posterity and re-link...
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Ski »

Source looks like vimeo.com, but using tokens in the URL means those expire so you would have to continue doing what you are doing. Not sure where you are getting the source URL's from but you may need to download it and provide it as general access or upload it without any restrictions as to who can view it.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks to our amazing Ski, the link to The Buck event is fixed: http://player.vimeo.com/external/130560 ... ile_id=119