New study examining the effect of APOE-ε4 knowledge

thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New study examining the effect of APOE-ε4 knowledge

Post by thumperama »

Julie, the link is working for me. Thanks for posting it. I was wondering what happened to this initiative only a few weeks ago.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Hmmm, thanks.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Fc1345linville
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Fc1345linville »

"(And one final thought: the only ones NOT reporting any distress upon hearing their ApoE 4 status were the 6 men interviewed? Hmmm.)" nf52

nf52, I'm a 4/4 guy who did not participate in the study, but I can assure you I experienced distress five years ago when I found out what I was NOT looking for. And not a single day has gone by that I do not think about that news now.

Fc
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Circ, try accessing it from the link provided in this thread as opposed to an outside source. It is not open access. We have an author's copy and her permission to share with the community. Hope that doesn't violate DMCA... :?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:Circ, try accessing it from the link provided in this thread as opposed to an outside source. It is not open access. We have an author's copy and her permission to share with the community. Hope that doesn't violate DMCA... :?
Good thought. I tried that in two browsers but it didn't work. I still get the journal page and the need to pay for full access. I was actually trying to send it to someone else, but I forwarded the link to the abstract and he'll have institutional access anyway, so the need is gone for but the problem unsolved. No worries for now if everyone else can get it :)
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Fc1345linville wrote:And not a single day has gone by that I do not think about that news now.
Fc
Isn't that amazing. So many people report this same thing, including me. Maybe if we schedule a specific time each day to be aware of it (say when reading the forum or otherwise problem solving it) we can better free ourselves the rest of the time?
woleile
Contributor
Contributor

Post by woleile »

I'm a little late to the party, but I *love* your song, Teezer!
Woleile
E4/E4
Bredesen type 3 (mold toxicity)
homozygous MTHFR C677T, COMT