2016 Meet-Up

Julie G
Mod
Mod

2016 Meet-Up

Post by Julie G »

It's not too soon to start planning :D.

I've been corresponding with Dr. Mary Jo Ladu, (her lab focuses heavily on the APOE-ɛ4 gene) at the University of Illinois in Chicago. She typically puts on a conference every two years. Her conference this year is dependent upon funding being renewed. She will know on Nov. 24. It is tentatively scheduled for June 6-7th and will be in Chicago. If this conference pans out, we could attend en masse and try to arrange for an additional speaker (or two) to focus on possible lifestyle interventions that may be helpful for our population. Drs. Patrick or Gundry would be great...shooting for the moon ;)

FWIW, here's the itinerary from Dr. Ladu's 2014 conference to give you an idea of what to expect:
http://apoereceptors.anat.uic.edu/symposium/index.html

For now, tentatively save these dates. I'll update you as I learn more. Also, PLEASE share your alternative vision for our meet-up. Let me know what other speakers you'd like to see featured. I'm wide open to your suggestions.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2016 Meet-Up

Post by Stavia »

Can't be there in June. Have a locum for May only cos June is school holidays here....
Please take notes.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

We're interested.
Tincup
E3,E4
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Exciting, looking forward to this conference and meet-up in Chicago.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yay, George & Kit! Boo, Stavia :( - although I realized the timing wouldn't work for you. I'm hopeful that many more will be able to attend. If the funding doesn't come through for this, we are back to square one...Stay tuned. We'll know on 11/24. I have a few other ideas I'm exploring as alternatives AND I'd love to hear your ideas.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Alas, I have to be in Europe all June. :( But I'll be there in spirit.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Disappointingly, Dr. Ladu's funding was NOT renewed. It's back to square one for our meet-up. We can either piggyback on another conference that dovetails with our concerns OR we can create our own like last year...

Time for brainstorming :idea:
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Julie, it does't appear that the NYC conference you attended last year on the nutritional influences on dementia is having a 2016 follow-up. This might be the closest:http://can-healthybrains.com (late May in the Canadian mtns). Probably others have ideas.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Good find, Kit. I've been struck by the lack of good AD conferences lined up for next year...but am still searching :? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

At this point, I'm even considering more of a health retreat with morning meditation, group yoga, healthy E4 foods (with cooking demonstrations,) nature hikes, lymphatic massage, saunas & hot springs for detoxing, with a few great speakers...

Share your ideas!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Know it's in CA and you're hoping for the other side of the country, but I see Keck is hosting the 3rd Annual Zilkha Symposium on Alzheimer Disease & Related Disorders. Title is Bench to Bedside and Beyond: Relating Discovery Research to Translational Developments and Clinical Efforts. One day April 15.

List of confirmed participants at: http://www.keck.usc.edu/events/2016-zil ... disorders/

Includes names we don't normally throw around except for Tanzi - perhaps another group of researchers that could benefit from a group of well-read, passionate e4's. ;)