Dr Bredesen at Cleveland Clinic

buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Dr Bredesen at Cleveland Clinic

Postby buck3Maureen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:49 pm

A friend just sent me this regarding a March 15 live stream talk by Dr. Bredesen

https://www.functionalmedicine.org/

TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr Bredesen at Cleveland Clinic

Postby TheBrain » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks, Maureen. I've just registered. Listening to Dr. Bredesen speak always inspires me.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Dale Bredesen's research has opened the door to a new therapeutic approach for patients with Alzheimer disease. On March 15, Dr. Bredesen will offer a new explanation for the erosion of memory seen in Alzheimer disease at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine.

I just registered too. The talk will be live-streamed tomorrow morning @ 7AM EST and a repeat at 10AM EST. (The talk is free.) Apparently, if you pay $10 you get an additional 30 min. discussion between Dr. Bredesen and Dr. Hyman. I'll pay and take notes for all ;).

You can register here: https://www.functionalmedicine.org

marthaNH
Contributor
Contributor

Postby marthaNH » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Thank you Julie.

Surfrank57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Surfrank57 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:33 pm

I am in , great excuse to take off work. Plus start spring break.

Aloha Frank

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 am

Excellent lecture- very hopeful. There's lots about ApoE4. It's supposedly available for free from Noon EST for 24 hours. I'll share more when I receive a copy of slides, etc.

Surfrank57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Surfrank57 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Awesome presentation and he made a very very complex issue easier to understand with the slides. I would recommend every body listen to the lecture and buy the slides. It not only gives you a good explanation of "why" you get MCI/AD, but how the model can be used to understand other disease processes. As a functional medicine guy, that is the key. It is not good enough to just treat symptoms, you need to ask why. This goes for issues in medicine as simple as a common cold all the way up to cancer, heart disease, and AD. I am impressed with his enthusiasm to help our community and to really address the Apoe4 issues specifically.

Frank

Lucy5
Support Team
Support Team

Postby Lucy5 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:49 pm

I just watched the presentation; pretty sobering to see the broad impact of e4. I don't believe I had a full grasp of the global metabolic impact it has on us until now. Again..sobering.

Dr Bredesen does a great job illustrating the e4 story - fascinating actually - and it all suddenly makes so much more sense to me: the elevated hsCRP, homocysteine, LDL-P, (in my case anyway) and so on. As a 4/4 I found it a bit overwhelming; SO many balls to keep in the air, you know? But his very positive message, backed up by a thoughtful strategy/methodology that HAS worked in a small sample at least, IS very hopeful. And I know that many here have seen similar success with the doc's program. Going to sleep on next steps...I have lots to work on..

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Postby Tincup » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:07 am

I thought excellent and it reinforced our focus with Dr. Gundry on keeping inflammation very low as this is a strength/weakness of ApoE4. Strength when fighting bugs & a weakness for aging well. Julie is Mend v3.0 published anywhere like v1.0 is?
Tincup
E3,E4

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:11 am

Unfortunately, no. Like with Dr. Gundry, his treatment is evolving based upon his clinical research. Things have gotten immensely more complicated with the advent of the CIRS (chronic inflammatory inflammation syndrome) signature found to be driving not only Type 3, but Types 1, 1.5 & 2 as well. That being said, V1 is still the cornerstone for treatment and prevention. Later today, I may be able to reveal more information about HOW to access his program…

Return to “Announcements and Events”