August dinners confirmation

KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

August dinners confirmation

Post by KatieS »

I’m really excited to announce our restaurant line-up for our dinner gatherings in Boulder. Bear in mind that I’ve never been there and made the arrangements based upon AHS recommendations, member input, and travel reviews. My preference was to try to chose chef/owners of small restaurants who supported the AHS conference and whole organic, nutrient-rich foods. The Mediterranean doesn’t quite meet those requirements, but was a perfect pick for Dr. Gundry given the salad and seafood options and the location near the Pearl Street Mall. Trying to get any restaurant to accommodate a group for ~30 without deposits, room rentals, and contracts was a challenge… not to mention our eccentric dietary needs. I realize these choices may not be just perfect for everyone. Please feel free to pursue alternative options on our behalf.

Wed 8/10 6PM, Blooming Beets, 3303 30th Street, with fixed price menu of $38/ person. See below.
Thur 8/11 6PM, Zeal, 1710 Pearl Street, order off the menu.
Friday 8/12 6PM, The Mediterranean, 1002 Walnut Street, order off the menu.
Saturday 8/13, Fresh Thymes, 2500 30th St #101, order off the menu.

100% grain free, gluten-free, grass-fed, wild caught and pastured. Most items are dairy-free, GMO free, and grown without pesticides and fertilizers

(Choose one option for each course.)

Course 1
-Your choice of two fresh, local seasonal salads

Course 2
-Bacon-wrapped dates, featuring pastured pork and cashew herb butter stuffing

-Beet and kumquat salad; kumquats, pickled organic beets, organic arugula, haystack mountain goat cheese (optional; contains dairy.)

Course 3
-Chicken coconut wrap: chicken, crispy sweet potatoes, greens, salsa and lemon aioli, side of chilled citrus beet bisque

-Salmon: wild-caught salmon, whole grain mustard and pistachio glaze, roasted red pepper and star anise coulis, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts

-Bunless smoky wild burger; ground elk, venison, bison and wild boar, poached egg, crispy sweet potatoes, organic arugula, smoke aioli
George & Theresa
Marc (3) 8/10-12 (4) on Sat 8/13
Stavia
LucyS (except not 8/13)
Judihooks (2)
BeKind (3)
Starfish
Hstapell (2 only Friday 8/12)
SusanJ (except not Sat 8/13)
Asia
Dr. Bredesen and wife Aida Lasheen only 8/11 & 8/12
Dr.Gundry (2) only 8/12 (possibly 8/11)
Dr Wahls (only 8/12 & 8/13)
Evalynanne (except 8/10)
CindyS (except for 8/13)
Kimberly, Alexandra & Kathleen
Carla Gibson only 8/11 & 8/12
AnneG
Shelley 8/10, 8/12 and possibly 8/13
Harpsicon 8/11 & 8/12
Debbie (except 8/13)
Last edited by KatieS on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:59 am, edited 13 times in total.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: August dinners confirmation

Post by Tincup »

Katie,

Thanks for all your work organizing this!!
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Ditto!!! I KNOW how much work this has been. You've done an amazing job making these difficult arrangements from a distance. I'm enormously grateful and really looking forward to spending time with all & our guests. XO
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Katie honey thank you SO much. I am extremely appreciative of your work. Here's a virtual hug in advance of a real one
(((Katie)))
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Great job Katie! So many dishes look DELICIOUS. Not perfect for our diet, but we can make it work!
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

We should mention that Wed, 8/10 is our meet and greet opportunity. We've set up relaxed Q & A social opportunities for every evening. Dr. Bredesen will be our guest of honor on 8/11. Dr. Gundry will be featured on 8/12. And, Dr. Terry Wahls, who shares our focus on mitochondria, will be our presenter on 8/13. You can find more details about the entire symposium here. Please join us if you can!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Katie, thank you for all the effort you put into organizing this. You did such an outstanding job. You have given us such creative menu choices.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Katie, thank you, thank you, thank you!

The Mediterranean is my favorite restaurant in Boulder (I've never been to the other three but am certainly looking forward to dining at them). Locals call it "The Med." It's a noisy space, hard to hear if one has hearing issues, but the food is fabulous.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Special thanks as always to our founder, dear Julie who patiently heard the restaurant saga. Asia scoped the restaurants a few months ago and has eaten at both Fresh Thymes & Zeal, proclaiming that everyone should be able to order what they want. Relieved to hear The Med has a great review as well.

Several of the restaurants requested a count update early August, so please check that your name & number of guests are correct.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Well played, Katie!

The Med is noisy, but they have a wonderful Greek salad and great tapas menu if you're willing to stitch together a meal. The bacon-wrapped Medjool dates are worth blowing your saturated fat quota for the day. :D