Maintaining our Community as we Move Forward

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Maintaining our Community as we Move Forward

Post by Tincup »

Scout,

Welcome. As Stavia mentions, for many of time is at a premium. Another issue is we don't all agree as THE best approach. I call point you to the approach my wife and I follow and most recent but others have a different take.

We all had to climb (and are still climbing) a steep learning curve. That is OK, there aren't any specific time limits. If you wade in and ask what you are confused about, people will help and you will gain knowledge. This is a friendly and helpful group.
Tincup
E3,E4
ScoutM
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ScoutM »

Thanks all, my post was from last March and I didn't realize I had to post several times to "show up."
I have come a long way since my first post almost a year ago. I was able to join the ReCODE program myself, not with Dr. Bredesen directly but with another MPI trained physician. I did find it challenging to get going and am still learning. What I realized when I started feeling my doubts and feeling a bit overwhelmed is that I had never been a student of my own health. I depended on doctors advice and working full time, I didn't have the time to spend to pay attention. With the ReCODE protocol, I found that digging in and understanding my own lab results, looking at and getting my own copy of my Neuroquant MRI, and deciding how to "learn" where I had shortfalls. I am still learning. It is very different to be an active participant in my own health, but NOT GETTING ALZHEIMERS is a powerful motivator. Even though I still have my fits and starts, I'm taking much more control. I am also finding that some family and friends have some judgment about what I'm doing, but I'm OK with that. I am currently figuring out what type of supplements I need and how to be cost effective about it if I can, and will soon see what works and what doesn't. Thanks to all!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

ScoutM wrote:Thanks all, my post was from last March and I didn't realize I had to post several times to "show up."
I have come a long way since my first post almost a year ago. I was able to join the ReCODE program myself, not with Dr. Bredesen directly but with another MPI trained physician. I did find it challenging to get going and am still learning. What I realized when I started feeling my doubts and feeling a bit overwhelmed is that I had never been a student of my own health. I depended on doctors advice and working full time, I didn't have the time to spend to pay attention. With the ReCODE protocol, I found that digging in and understanding my own lab results, looking at and getting my own copy of my Neuroquant MRI, and deciding how to "learn" where I had shortfalls. I am still learning. It is very different to be an active participant in my own health, but NOT GETTING ALZHEIMERS is a powerful motivator. Even though I still have my fits and starts, I'm taking much more control. I am also finding that some family and friends have some judgment about what I'm doing, but I'm OK with that. I am currently figuring out what type of supplements I need and how to be cost effective about it if I can, and will soon see what works and what doesn't.
Scott, great news! Glad you are digging in and moving forward!!!
Tincup
E3,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Good job Scout! I find one of the hardest things, besides having to eat so many avocados to stay full in ketosis, is dealing with people who don't 'get it'.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

So proud of you, Scout. Your request for help was one of many that spurred us on to form a partnership with the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. We're now are very grateful to have their practicum students working with us as interns. If you still need help with coaching, please give a shout out, and one of our interns will be happy to connect with you to offer help. Keep up the great work, my friend.