Brainstorming about our 2017 meet-up!

Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Brainstorming about our 2017 meet-up!

Post by Starfish77 »

I booked a double room at the Wyndham. If anyone is interested in sharing let me know.
Starfish
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Juliegee wrote: I've asked for permission to videotape the talk (and all of our ApoE4 lectures) to share with all.
Juliegee--did you get permission to videotape any of the talks in San Diego? (That would be awesome if you can do it--sorry I can't join you this year.)
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

JML wrote:
Juliegee wrote: I've asked for permission to videotape the talk (and all of our ApoE4 lectures) to share with all.
Juliegee--did you get permission to videotape any of the talks in San Diego? (That would be awesome if you can do it--sorry I can't join you this year.)
I'm guessing we can't video the "regular" talks for the conference as they professionally video them and sell access as they do for 2016 here.

I'm bringing a camera to tape the ApoE4 presentations & plan to share with the group. I assume this will work since these are not part of the "official" presentations.
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yes, our speakers have all agreed to be videotaped so that out wider community can see the talks. Huge thanks to George for doing this! Additionally, the conference organizers have also agreed to professionally videotape our talks and make them freely available to us. One way or another, we will have them for all.

Sadly, Dr. D'Agostino has pulled out of his Saturday night meeting with us. He just learned that he has to leave early Saturday morning for another engagement. Dr. Ede is still happy to meet us and would like to turn her session into a more of an interactive Q & A. I'm hopeful that we may be able to wrangle a few other pertinent presenters into joining her. Any ideas?

Starfish, if my husband snores loud enough, I may join you in your room ;).
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Thanks George!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Julie, I got a smile from your exit plan from your snoring husband. I would like to report how wonderful the CPAP machine has been for my sleeping. I should add the machine is not used by me, but my significant other. The only problem is that occasionally it slips off. Then it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I've had to develop a new skill. I've learned how to tell him it slipped off without waking him up completely, while getting him to reposition the mask.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

[quote="Starfish77"]The only problem is that occasionally it slips off. Then it sounds like a vacuum cleaner./quote]
:lol: ... (Hmmm, probably not so funny when you're the wakee.) ... :lol:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

For those who will be attending, be sure to regularly check in to our formal meet-up announcement. I'm keeping it updated with time changes and room announcements as they become available. Note that all of our talks have moved from 6:30PM to 6:15PM in the Embarcadaro Room (right off of the main ballroom.) Each morning, Doug, the conference organizer, will make an announcement to the general attendees about our evening guest speaker and gauge the interest from the crowd. If interest is high, he'll move us to the main ballroom. I'll continuously update our announcement as things develop.

I've also learned that there is an onsite deli called Hazelwoods that will have healthy low carb options for lunch so you needn't rely on brown bagging it. Bruce & I are really looking forward to connecting with everyone :D. Safe travels to all!!!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Got the following - however it isn't free - $349.

We have managed to get LIVE STREAMING arranged to view Low Carb USA San Diego 2017 from the comfort of your own home, (or office, we won't tell your boss!)

If you can't get off next weekend or you can't afford the hotel and travel costs to head out here to San Diego, this is the perfect solution. AND the videos will be available for 30 days after to re-watch at your leisure!

Sign up here NOW, and please share with those you know and love! ....and with your healthcare provider! (but sorry, no CME's available for online viewing.)

We're really honored to be able to provide this valuable service to you!

Let's continue to make positive changes in the health of all - globally!
Spreading the message of all of these amazing pioneers, let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food.

In continued good health,

~Doug Reynolds and Pam Devine
Low Carb USA
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

As Julie previously noted, Dr. Jeffry Gerber and Ivor Cummins have agreed to meet with our group during Friday lunch (brown bag). On Thursday, I will get with Julie and figure out where to meet. Will post what we decide here.

As an aside, I was working on providing some food for Jeff & Ivor. Turns out when your guests are low carb and they fast, it makes it pretty simple :lol: May bring a few low carb snacks for them, but they don't want anything elaborate at all. Jeff & I have skied together and he's like me - never stops to eat.
Tincup
E3,E4