Midwestern Meet-up 2017

Ksusiedal
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Midwestern Meet-up 2017

Post by Ksusiedal »

Hi. Thanks for checking, Julie. I also spoke with Sarah at the store, who said that people coming from the east would be the only ones having difficulty because of the race.
I would gladly pitch in for the room, if needed. Also, there's a similar, huge Whole Foods 10 minutes from my house at Peterson and Cicero (right off 90/94). So, if timing is a barrier, people could stop at the WF on the way to my house and bring their food. I'm just south of Peterson.
AKA
Support Team
Support Team

Post by AKA »

Count me in for the 8th from 11 to 2. Thank you all, I'll follow the thread for confirmation. I'm happy to help if there is anything I can do.
Andrea
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi All, I'm bumping this so that we can get some more confirmations. We've settled on Sunday, 10/8, 11AM-2PM CST, at the Whole Foods in Lincoln Park. You can get directions and more here.

So far, it looks like myself, AKA & Ksusiedal are in. Anybody else? Weigh in soon so we opt for the private room if we have enough attending. I'm looking forward to meeting some of my "local-ish" ApoE4 neighbors. I've had the honor of attending several meet-ups now and I can attest that it's like meeting long lost family. There's an instant bonding that occurs over our shared gene. No one else quite gets the fear and uncertainty. And, I LOVE that we're meeting at a Whole Foods. That's a ritual that Stavia, Tincup, and Theresa and I have enjoyed multiple times in different cities- an ApoE4.Info tradition -xo
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Julee, sounds like you are going to have a great midwest meet-up. I will be gone for the month of October. Will be in Africa looking for parasites for us. :ugeek:
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
rarnesen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rarnesen »

Hope to be able to make that. Depends on how long it takes my daughter to finish!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Completely understood, rarnesen! Anyone else? I'm driving several hours each way and would like to have at least 5-6 confirm...
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

I will be there! Is that the Whole Foods on Fullerton by the el stop?
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yay, that's four! I think you have the wrong Whole Foods, JML. Check the link above. This is on Kingsbury.
James
Contributor
Contributor

Post by James »

I’m planning to go but it depends on when my wife finishes the marathon and how she feels. If the weather is as warm as it has been this past week then it will be a brutal race, but it is supposed to cool back down this week. If I make it it’ll probably be closer to noon.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Julie G wrote:Yay, that's four! I think you have the wrong Whole Foods, JML. Check the link above. This is on Kingsbury.
Thanks Julie G, I see the Kingsbury location now. Thanks!

Did you see that a new member, Linda, is also wanting to attend?
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach