The Dynamic Brain Conference in LA this Summer

KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: The Dynamic Brain Conference in LA this Summer

Post by KatieS »

Cir, the timing of the conference will be tough to swing for me, so no decision yet. It would be great to meet Cir & Lucy in person.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Katie, would love to meet you and others too! Hope it works out.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Thanks for posting. I may go also. Wondering about the size of the conference. Thousands? Or smaller, mote interactive?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'd love the chance to meet and spend time with you, Tom. Re. the conference size, you could email organizers to ask. I notice this is IFM's annual meet-up so I'm guessing hundreds, not thousands. I think Bettylacy, GOLDTHREAD (Kimberly), and I have firmly committed so if you decide to join, you'll have friends waiting for you.
karelena
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karelena »

Hi

I have not been posting for a while but I have been reading posts and learning quite a bit! Update from yesterday, my hubby finally decided to get testing on 23andme and upload to promethease for results. He is 3/3!!! I am so happy that none of the kids will be 4/4. :D

For those of you coming to LA this summer, I would love to join you. I live in LA so it will be easy unless I cannot get the days off. A tip for people making hotel reservations: LA is not known for its subway by any means but it does have good service to Downtown LA. The Redline metro stop at 7th street/Metro Center is a 12 minute walk (0.6 miles) from the conference at the Mariott. Downtown hotels are very expensive so I would look for a hotel near the Metro. The trains come every 12 minutes.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Karelena, good to hear from you! Excellent news about your husband. I have my fingers crossed that your schedule will allow you to attend the conference. This one looks really good. Thanks for the hotel tips. I was planning to stay at the Marriott where the conference was being held, but haven't looked at prices yet. Your advice may come in handy.

I hope others who can swing this will consider. See a description below and a speaker list here. You can find more information and links to registration here.
Attendees at IFM’s 2017 Annual International Conference (AIC) will be presented with the most recent scientific evidence on the ways in which neuroplasticity can be harnessed and optimized to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases, brain injury, stroke, and mental disorders. This will result in clinically actionable steps clinicians can take with patients who have these conditions as well as for those who are concerned about or at risk for neurodegeneration. The conference will also discuss the factors that promote neurodegeneration and present clinical steps to help patients avoid, minimize, or mitigate their impact.
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

Ok I'm in. I had another look at the schedule and I just cannot pass it up.. it is everything I'm interested in from genetics to genomics to neurology and more.

The one distressing thing.... there are concurrent speakers which means I won't be able to attend all that interest me. I am hopeful they will be available for us online at some point?
ε4/ε4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yay, Laura! I hope we can see them online as well. For now, let's plan to split up and share notes when there are two great opportunities at the same time. I also plan to share as much as I can with the community.
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person. Looks to be a great conference.
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I look forward to meeting you and everyone there as well, Bettylacy! The registration date for the reduced price has been extended until 3/17. You can register here.