An opportunity to work with a health coach

Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: An opportunity to work with a health coach

Post by Stavia »

I echo Julie's words. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch you all grow and develop. And you are all very, very much appreciated.
Happy New Year to our wonderful inaugural Intern Team!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

It has been extraordinary to be part of this initial Intern group. An immense learning experience, and an inspiration to continually reach for greatness - as the members of this site do everyday.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Rainy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rainy »

Hello!!! Is this opportunity to work with a health coach still available? Since finding out my Apoe E4 status several weeks ago I think I am already backsliding on what I need to do to up my game from a basically health-centric lifestyle! Thank you!
Rainy
E4/E4
"Live your life, live your life, live your life!" Maurice Sendak
Jennifer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jennifer »

Rainy wrote:Is this opportunity to work with a health coach still available?
I second this question. Can we fill out the form as mentioned earlier in this thread?

Thanks!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Jennifer & Rainy- absolutely yes. We are very proud of our FMCA interns and currently have 10 (?) on staff. Please feel free to reach out.
Rainy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rainy »

Thanks much, Julie, I have filled out the online coaching request form and look forward to gaining healthy new insights and inspiration!
Rainy
E4/E4
"Live your life, live your life, live your life!" Maurice Sendak
Brainstorming
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Brainstorming »

I'm actually in the latest FMCA cohort, we started in February, and by July or August we'll be doing our practicums so another batch of student coaches may be available. More when we get more details.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, Brainstorming! Feel free to apply for this practicum opportunity when the time comes. We have a warm community that appreciates our health coach interns.
Karengo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karengo »

Welcome Brainstorming :) Hope you're enjoying the course. There's so much to learn and experience. It's amazing how fast the time goes and hard to believe I'm already moving through practicum!

Yes! Becoming an intern here is a great opportunity. I'm finding it a very rewarding experience providing support to our community members. I encourage you to apply when the time comes. Look out for an email which will be sent out to all students inviting applications to be considered as an intern. It's very fulfilling way to gain more practicum experience. I really appreciate the community. Everyone gives what they can whether sharing their wealth of wisdom and practical experiences or making connections and providing strong support. Every way I look at it, I'm learning a lot!

Good luck with the course and may you enjoy your learning journey!

PS I trust you've already been directed to Primer which is full of information and a great resource.
~Karengo
ApoE4 Support Team
FMCA certified Health Coach
"For whatever we lose like a you or a me, it's always ourselves we find in the sea"
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I just wanted to remind everyone that the opportunity to work with with a FMCA intern is still available. The first post of this thread gives some great background information. You can identify these helpful folks on our site by their lovely blue badges: "Support Team Intern." Our current interns are: Karengo, Cas, KellyS, Liko, Jena S, ccfield, Korie, rianlees, Maryann, SandyK.

In addition to supporting our members on the site, these interns can also offer one-on-one personalized coaching through the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy Clinic. Like me, you may be wondering what exactly is health coaching? You can read some basic FAQs here. I was particularly concerned that they may have some pre-conceived diet or other agenda that they would be pushing. I appreciated learning that they want to support MY goals and MY physician’s recommendations for me. Yes, please :D. I struggle with implementing multiple aspect of my protocol and plan to take advantage of a session. The first 45 minute session is free of charge. Additional sessions are quite inexpensive (less than $5.50 for 30 mins.) depending on what package you choose. Feel free to ask any questions you may have surrounding this service in this thread. You can sign up with a coach of your choice here. I recognize that you won't be able to fill out the form with their real names as you don't know them, but feel free to reach out to me (juliegee@apoe4.info) for that information or PM them directly.

Once again, we warmly welcome all of our new FMCA interns. Our traditional all volunteer staff are very busy, juggling multiple responsibilities which often include caretaking family members with cognitive decline, while trying to preserve their own health. We greatly appreciate their fresh energy and perspectives. Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us. I hope any members who feel the need for additional support will take advantage of this opportunity.