Stavia's report on our meetup in San Diego 2017

Sandy57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Stavia's report on our meetup in San Diego 2017

Post by Sandy57 »

Aloha
I just hope it has more science than Others who have books and seminars about keto. Did you see how fast Attia disassociated himself with some in the field who make these claims? Professionals in the nutritional field (in debates) rip these people up. When you claim keto cures everything, you better have scientific studies that do not have multiple holes in the varibles before you quote them.

Not saying that is the case with these guys, haven't seen any of their work...to be honest. It just becomes an immediate red flag when you throw keto in your titles. Keto is awesome, has many benefits, is very useful for APOE 4 folks, if incorporated correctly; but as soon as zealots say it is the be all, end all, cures everything, then you have to show your proof. Unfortunately in real science that is not doctors clinical observations, n=1 data and cherry picked studies. I know I keep repeating this, but this is my expertise (nutrition and performance related to it), including weight loss, BMI , bodyfat, strength training, and health conditions related to nutrition.

So I have to defend the science. It is not an ego thing at all, it just bothers the professionals in nutrition to see others making claims that are simply just not backed by hard science. If anybody wants names of people to follow in science I will be glad to supply then in a DM. I do not want to promote or advertise on the boards, especially when I am not directly involved with any of their work or livelihoods. That way there is no negative perceptions or hidden agendas. I make ZERO from their work, whether I promote them or not. In fact I am not associated with any of them in anyway. As many have noticed; those in medicine that start selling things "products" (not information backed by research like Dr. Bredesen's book, which is very good) are the most vulnerable to critiques.

That is why I never give advice about medicine or treatments on any board that I am involved with. First it's illegal, second unethical, and third dangerous if taken the wrong way by the wrong people. I will offer my OPINION with disclaimers that one should never make any change without a doctors consent. BUT I WILL speak out if others make claims not backed by science when it is related to nutrition. No rant, no venting, just an explanation to the awesome people of this forum. I am not trying to take away hope, cures, etc. Trust me I am looking for hope, new treatments, alternative methods to work through Sandy's issues; because she has not responded to most of what we discuss on this forum. Therefore, I am willing to try modalities not proven by science after a lot of research for my own family, but would never tell others to do that. It is always about choice. You have to do what you think is best for yourself of your family. Just be as educated as you can about it.

Stay healthy all, you guys rock on these boards. Most on these boards do more than their share of research, rabbit digging, experimenting, sharing, caring and mostly showing massive compassion for each other. Like I also have said many times, best forum I have ever been involved with. Thanks Julie and all the officers that make it safe , civil and educational. Finally if anybody wants to pick my brain about nutritional scientific players DM me.

Mahalo Frank