Bredesen's Book is available in BOOKSTORES and online!

sunshine_girl
New User
New User

Re: Bredesen's Book is available in BOOKSTORES and online!

Post by sunshine_girl »

I just learned about APOE4.info in Dr. Bredesen's book that I can't put down! Thank .you, Julie, for starting this! I've been following Dr. Bredesen's protocol for several years. I am significantly better. He's an incredible physician and I'm beyond grateful for his work.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

welcome Sunshine girl. Lovely to have you here. We normally link my primer to new members but Prof says it 1000% better!
We would love to hear your experience with the protocol if you want to introduce yourself in the Intro section.
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Just finished Dr. Bredesen's book. It is not like a lot of fluffy self help books. It is full of information. As someone with no medical or scientific background I was able to follow the information. Even though I have been doing much of the protocol I was re-energized by the book and will be doing more based on the information in the book.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Welcome Sunshine_girl. How great you've been following Dr. Bredesen's protocol and feel significantly better. We'd love to know more about your experience with it. I'm pleased you found us through his book. I love the book too. He has such a gift for communicating scientific information in words that we all can understand. He is really a gifted writer.
Starfish
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

This is great I have been waiting for this book for a while.
I am ordering it right now :D
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

I thought I'd mention for those on low incomes I was able to get this book via my local library (UK)

I think it is interesting however I felt for someone with cognitive decline it may be difficult to read. I also read through some of the links Swamp provided and felt that some of the things mentioned there might have been useful- for example more measurements of the participant's cognitive abilities and possibly it would be interesting to see how it affected more people than the ten involved in the study. However i don;t agree with name calling and calling people a quack, but it is also good to be critical at times.

I also thought it might be expensive to do all of it and unsure how it would leave people unable to spend a lot, it might leave those people feeling a bit bereft, that they could not do it all. I was unsure for example how in each specific area, which were the most important to focus on and it in each area how much it had been proven to work, for example in the case of churchmen, which is expensive to buy and it was quite overwhelming overall.

It is really good though to hear people are finding it helpful and I totally appreciate how much it must be good to hear of something which might help when conventional medicine has failed.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Good points Orangeblossom.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

I meant Curcumin not 'churchmen'-! Must be the spell checker.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Orangeblossom wrote: I also thought it might be expensive to do all of it and unsure how it would leave people unable to spend a lot, it might leave those people feeling a bit bereft, that they could not do it all. I was unsure for example how in each specific area, which were the most important to focus on and it in each area how much it had been proven to work, for example in the case of churchmen, which is expensive to buy and it was quite overwhelming overall.
As someone who is not "doing it all", because of the limitations of resources of time, money and access, I find that doing what I can is empowering. (Example, in terms of access: I spent 1/2 a day trying to locate Labcorps in my nearest city with the intention of getting information about pricing and possibly doing some of the lower cost screenings related to toxicity. All addresses, including on Labcorps website were wrong, and phone number was to their national headquarters and endless audio-looping. Turned out that they have moved and are now a two hour drive away.)
Fortunately, some of the most powerful interventions, which I think are good for overall health are free. Reducing carbs, eliminating grains and sugar, getting more exercise and intermittent fasting are all things that individuals can do on their own. I heard many expert speakers at a conference on brain health saying they believe that exercise is the number one thing most people can do to protect and improve cognition. I am focusing on the benefits that these interventions can provide. "Doing some" seems a much better option than "doing none", even if i can't "do it all"!
That said, I am shutting off the computer and going out for a long walk.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Katie and Stavia- This is an important discussion on hormones. Having been to 2 of Anne Hathaway's lectures this year, I'm committed to getting my hormonal health optimized and it is far from that. I've been using transdermal cream and from the sounds of your discussion this is one reason my hormones are low, so I think I should go on the patch. My only reticence was headaches and Estrogen dominance years ago despite Progesterone. Can you 2 tell me your doses, please. i am leaning into using the Sandoz patch because I too swim, sauna and hot tub 2-3 Xs /week and wear tight jeans, and bike. I am sensitive to latex tho, so will have to see if that is a problem. Once I begin how many weeks do I need to wait till I can check my blood level? Oh and when do I test blood with a patch?
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D