For those who missed our San Diego Meet-up…

hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: For those who missed our San Diego Meet-up…

Post by hill dweller »

Hi Flora,

Sounds like you need a new doctor. The US national news has now picked up the "safe HRT" story, and that's with using conjugated estrogen, not bio-identicals: https://www.today.com/health/hormone-re ... dy-t116198. Bio-identicals are likely to be even safer. There's a link to the study in the Today show article: 18 years and 27,000 women yielding nearly identical mortality rates between the placebo and HRT.

Good luck. Maybe you can ask questions over the phone before you make the appointment.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

slacker wrote:FloraMarie -

Can't completely vouch for this practice, but you might want to check out Dr Gollub in Santa Fe.
Thanks, Slacker, I did check out Dr Gollub and decided against going to him. appreciate the suggestion, though.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

slacker wrote:FloraMarie -

Can't completely vouch for this practice, but you might want to check out Dr Gollub in Santa Fe. A few years ago, his wife was also at the practice, and using the Wiley (sp?) Protocol for female hormone replacement, which continues to cycle hormones resulting in regular menses. I still think this is odd for menopausal women. Don't know what Dr Gollub's current approach is.

http://www.isismedicine.com/who-we-are/providers/
Right after posting reply to your suggestion about Dr Gollub saying I'd ruled him out, I received an email from someone who had come to a talk I had given at our local library to introduce people who might be at risk of AD to some of the resources available for getting more information (like this website, Bredesen's book, Gundry's book). She just happened to mention that she has a doctor she really likes in Santa Fe...Dr Gollub. Having read his name twice in 15 minutes , I decided to investigate further; called his office, spoke with the local who recommended him, and now am planning to schedule with him and save myself the 400 mile round trip.
Thanks for pointing me in his direction. Getting the two messages almost simultaneously kind of felt like the universe was giving me a knock in the head!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Awesome, flora. I live in a really medically (and otherwise!) non-progressive part of the world and have found a terrific gyn. I figured if I could do it, you could too. So happy for you!
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

floramaria wrote:
slacker wrote: Getting the two messages almost simultaneously kind of felt like the universe was giving me a knock in the head!
Hope it works out! I don't really know much about his practice, but got good vibes from him when I lived in Santa Fe temporarily and was looking for work. I'll be interested in hearing how it goes.
Slacker
E4/E4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions! Really appreciate the support of this wonderful community!
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Julie G wrote:Ladyjane, seems like a very high dose? I did ask about the pharmacy. I'll share any response I get. See slides below:
Apoe 4 group Bioidentical Hormones and Cognition 8 5 17.pptx
Julie may I message you. I have a few questions regarding a possible appt with dr Ross and thought it best to message privately. Is that possible. ? I'm relatively new so have never done it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Anab wrote:
Julie G wrote:Ladyjane, seems like a very high dose? I did ask about the pharmacy. I'll share any response I get. See slides below:
Apoe 4 group Bioidentical Hormones and Cognition 8 5 17.pptx
Julie may I message you. I have a few questions regarding a possible appt with dr Ross and thought it best to message privately. Is that possible. ? I'm relatively new so have never done it. Thanks
Anab, the mission statement of the forum is to share thoughts and questions to the whole community, so that everyone can contribute. The mod team and board are all volunteers who work at jobs full time and we don't have the capacity to answer individual members' queries privately and individually. I'm sorry, but it just isn't possible for any of us mods or board members to give ongoing private support to individual members.
There is the support team who fulfils this function - you are very welcome to reach out to them and message them privately. That is their role on the team. They will search out and help you with queries or support.
Support team - who is allocated to be of support to Anab? Please can you help with any queries etc
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Oh stavia I'm sorry. I totally get it. I'll just start a new thread and ask my questions. It really is fine. And now I knoe[emoji111]️️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Anab, I'm an intern on the Support Team. You're welcome to messsge me privately. I'll be happy to see if I can help in any way. Just look for my name in blue, click on it, and then click "send private messsge."
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.