AWAKENING FROM ALZHEIMER'S - THE AWAKENING BEGINS.

raj
Contributor
Contributor

AWAKENING FROM ALZHEIMER'S - THE AWAKENING BEGINS.

Post by raj »

I am pasting what I received as it is, for those who have not got this information and are interested in joining the free online summit happening this month . Starting on The world Alzheimer's Day September 21, 2017 running upto October 02, 2017.

for a preview about the event click on the link below.

http://event.awakeningfromalzheimers.com/fb-a

" I am so happy for you, that you’ve taken this important step in discovering the most powerful and effective breakthroughs happening right now in the battle against Alzheimer’s and dementia.

By participating in this event, you’re playing a very important role in our quest to actually end Alzheimer’s disease in our time.

It sounds crazy, doesn’t it – ending Alzheimer’s in our time?

But it’s possible, and it’s happening now – thanks in large part to the doctors you’ll be hearing from during this event.

From September 21st through October 2nd with your personal access link, you’ll get to “sit down” with 14 of the world’s foremost authorities in the prevention and reversal of Alzheimer’s.

I can’t wait to share their amazing stories and the many breakthroughs they’ve worked on with you.

How You Will Access Each Episode

1) Mark your calendar for September 21 st — World Alzheimer’s Day — where we’ll show the first of 12 episodes in this landmark video event with our compliments.

2) Then, watch your inbox each day because we’ll be sending you a daily access link to each episode during the course of the event. Each episode is available for 24 hours, after which the next episode will be hosted on our website.

3) Below is the broadcast schedule – I recommend you print this out and post it somewhere in your home or office for reference:

Day 1: Getting Started: What You Can Do Today to Halt & Reverse Alzheimer’s with Lee Euler and Peggy Sarlin
Premieres Thursday, September 21, 2017

Day 2: Reduce Your Risk & Reverse the Symptoms: The Power of Natural Supplements in the Battle Against Alzheimer’s & Dementia with Dr. Richard Brown and Dr. Patricia Gerbarg
Premieres Friday, September 22, 2017

Day 3: Alzheimer’s & The Wakeful Brain: How Sleep Affects Memory & Cognition with Dr. Michael Breus
Premieres Saturday, September 23, 2017

Day 4: The MIND Protocol: Tune Up Your Brain & Turn Off Alzheimer’s with Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum
Premieres Sunday, September 24, 2017

Day 5: Steve’ Story: Dr. Mary Newport’s Personal Triumph Over Early Onset Alzheimer’s with Dr. Mary Newport
Premieres Monday, September 25, 2017

Day 6: Know The Enemy: Identifying Dementia with Advanced Medical Imaging with Dr. Jay Faber of the Amen Clinic
Premieres Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Day 7: The Metabolic Mind: Rethinking the Ketogenic Diet and Neurodegenerative Disease with Dr. Dominic D’Agostino and Dr. Angela Poff
Premieres Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Day 8: “Use It or Lose It”: Reversing Alzheimer’s with the TEAM Protocol with Dr. Vincent Fortanasce
Premieres Thursday, September 28, 2017

Day 9: Forever Young: Maintaining a Youthful Brain to Reduce Your Risk for Dementia with Dr. Pamela Smith
Premieres Friday, September 29, 2017

Day 10: The Hidden War Within Your Body with Dr. Fred Pescatore
Premieres Saturday, September 30, 2017

Day 11: Feet, Forks, and Fingers: Lifestyle as Medicine in the War on Alzheimer’s Disease with Dr. David Katz and The End of Alzheimer’s in Our Time with Dr. Dale Bredesen*
Premieres Sunday, October 1, 2017

Day 12: An Army of 100 Trillion: Unleashing Your Body’s Natural Defenses Against Alzheimer’s & Dementia with Dr. David Perlmutter
Premieres Monday, October 2, 2017

*You’ll notice there are 2 episodes being broadcast on Sunday, October 1st. Both will be available to view at any time throughout the day for a full 24 hours.

So mark your calendar and keep an eye on your inbox!

It’s going to be an exciting 12 days full of life-changing breakthroughs, incredible stories of hope and success, and powerful techniques you can start using immediately.

I can’t wait to see you then. I’ll be hosting Wednesday night’s premiere episode with Peggy Sarlin!

Kind regards,

Lee Euler, Publisher
Awakening from Alzheimer’s

P.S. If you know anyone else who would like to learn how to prevent and treat dementia using the most cutting-edge therapies of our time, please forward this email and link so they can watch the trailer and sign up too.

http://event.awakeningfromalzheimers.com/fb-a

P.P.S. Don’t forget – to ensure that you receive all of our emails and links to each day’s episodes, please whitelist us in your email program by clicking here!

http://www.awakeningfromalzheimers.com/whitelist-us/ "
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AWAKENING FROM ALZHEIMER'S - THE AWAKENING BEGINS.

Post by Sara »

Thanks Raj! I participated in this seminar last year and it was excellent. It includes Dr. Bredesen but goes beyond and offers hope and concepts from a variety of different perspectives and providers. (I believe it is free if you watch each segment on the day it is played. I ended up purchasing the program for ~$99 after it was over.)
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

As resident notes taker, I will do a daily report on this series.

Awakening from Alzheimer’s
Day 1
Pilot episode

My comments in italics
Not much earthshattering in this first episode. Lots of waffle from our point of view, but then we are starting from a much higher level than most people. I look forward to the meat of the series starting tomorrow

Video starts with snippets from each speaker, focusing on prevention and reversal of AD, and for age related memory decreases. The video series was produced because mainstream current medicine’s paradigm is that “nothing can be done”.
Current meds eg Donepezil (Aricept) etc have a very modest and short-lived effect. So much money spent with no success. 244 trials in the last 10 years, 243 failed, 1 had minimal impact.

Peggy Sarlin has written the book Awakening from Alzheimers in 2012 (likely to be out of date now). She did a review of the current opinion leaders at that stage. And now she is speaking to opinion leaders again in this series. Snippets of the series ---> For example, the MIND protocol of Dr Teitlebaum– D stands for unnecessary polypharmacy in the elderly (antihistamines, PPIs). Another example is the concept of Type 3 diabetes is critical – Drs Perlemutter, Mary Newport, Teitlebaum, Bredesen and Katz all stress this concept. Another example is attention to sleep quality and quantity. Dr Breus day 3. (he mentions how sleep quality is affected also by cognitive decline ie early AD causes what seems to be a shift work disorder-like process). For example infections - Dr Teitlebaum references chronic urinary and sinus infections - bacterial and yeast (sinus and bowel). hmmm I want to see the evidence for role of asymptomatic bacteriuria in the elderly - colonization doesn't necessarily mean disease For example the role of ketosis in Dr Mary Newport's husband Steve Day5.

Next up were testimonies of individual doctor’s experiences with patients. Teitlebaum, Bredesen. etc
Last up were stories of a few of the speaker's personal experiences with their own family members.

Perlemutter: The bottom line is to state the problem and the solution. The problem is that everyone is at significant risk of AD. The solution: it is for the most part preventable. I agree wholeheartedly
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks in advance Stavia! I think I can say that for all of us! I plan to watch too but not sure I'll be able to catch them all.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Day 2
Dr Richard Brown

My comments in italics

His field is natural supplements. Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University.

He has found that sometimes what has been called Alzheimer's is in fact not Alzheimer's. For instance microvascular ischaemia may be the cause (also called vascular dementia). Sometimes medication may be the cause.
MCI (mild cognitive impairment) used to be called age related cognitive decline

centrophenoxine. Scientists combined nutrient in nerve cells (dimethylethyalonamine)with plant based hormone which gets it to the nerve cells. Nootropic. Makes the nerve cell membrane more fluid like a younger nerve cell. Pulls protein garbage out of the cells that builds up over a lifetime in all mammals. Available over the counter in USA but still prescription in Europe. He likes to use it in vascular problems. Its used in dogs with dementia. He feels it works for spatial issue which relates to parietal cholinergic system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meclofenoxate

Selegeline also invented in Hungary, 1960s. Antidepressant initially and then Parkinson's treatment. Used in dogs a lot for dementia. He stated superficially there are many neuroprotective actions and mitochondrial protection and it gives back the sparkle in their lives. By the time it came to USA the patent had expired and there was no incentive to promote it in the USA. Also used in dogs a lot where it apparently "prolongs the life of the remaining dopamine". It is a MAO-B inhibitor. He didn't really explain the mechanism of effect. I see a Cochrane review showed no evidence of effect. I am a bit sceptical, especially as he said "the effects are very subtle'" . Its effectively a dopamine raising agent, which would increased drive and reward directed behaviour and pleasure. In dogs it appears to improve spatial orientation. Might be useful in established AD where the patient has a flat affect. Not sure if it would fit in a prevention protocol.

Dr Brown favours starting everyone on selegeline in one's 40s. His reason is that the inventor is now elderly, fat, smokes and is still working in his 80s Hmmm. Not enough evidence to convince me

Supplements for vascular issues ginkgo, picamalon (niacin combined with GABA), extract of plums, vinpositine.
Lots of superficial explanations, no evidence. Very basic. I'm not impressed by the level

Other options
SAME: He wrote a book about this in 2000. This can trigger mania in bipolar disorder.
NAC 600mg, ALCAR 500mg
BioStrath: alpine herbs. appeal to nature?
Rhodiola rosea
Schisandra chinensis
Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus)

Nootropics:
Here we go with the nsaids - Piracetam, Aniracetam, Pramiracetam, Oxiracetam.
Cochrane shows no evidence of effect on cognitive functioning.

Herbs:
Saffron
Sage

my review: too superficial, too low level, explanations not convincing. Too many anecdotes to justify, not enough evidence. Its all level 5 evidence - his personal opinion. I'm not impressed. Interviewer didn't challenge him at all or ask for evidence. She just accepts everything.

Dr Patricia Gerbarg

Dr Brown's wife. Also written a book. She is an integrative psychiatrist. She had problems with her memory in the 1990s when she contracted Lyme disease. 10 minutes about her symptoms. Then she was rescued by Rhodiola - the secret alpine ancient medicinal herb known even in Bronze Age Greece by the ancients and used in the Soviets during the cold war to produce super students, athletes and cosmonauts. Combination of appeal to nature and reveal of secret information smuggled out of Soviet Russia. More about adaptogens, very superficial explanations.

I just couldn't listen any more. Sorry
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Stavia wrote:I just couldn't listen any more. Sorry
Sheesh... can't blame you, seems totally superficial to me!
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

I really can't stand listening to those types of talks either - lots of handwaving and not a lot of science.

Can't speak for most of the herbs listed, but on the other side, Rhodiola was listed in my Bredesen protocol, along with the various choline options, and huperzine A, as a way to increase acetylcholine. Haven't looked into Rhodiola specifically, but it could have been at least part of the reason for her improvement.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: AWAKENING FROM ALZHEIMER'S - THE AWAKENING BEGINS.

Post by Stavia »

SusanJ wrote:I really can't stand listening to those types of talks either - lots of handwaving and not a lot of science
pretty much.
And the unquestioning acceptance of the audience. I'm tempted to use the words 'breathless acolytes' but am fearful of starting another flame war lololol...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Thanks Stavia for taking one for the team and being the official note taker. I watched it yesterday and didn't think it a good use of my time. I trust you to report any gems so shall give today's viewing a miss.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: AWAKENING FROM ALZHEIMER'S - THE AWAKENING BEGINS.

Post by Stavia »

Jafa wrote:Thanks Stavia for taking one for the team and being the official note taker. I watched it yesterday and didn't think it a good use of my time. I trust you to report any gems so shall give today's viewing a miss.
no worries. I'm up at 5 or 6ish anyway. Looking forward to daylight saving...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk