Julie - and Dr Bredesen - on Dr Oz show tomorrow

Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Julie - and Dr Bredesen - on Dr Oz show tomorrow

Post by Silverlining »

Brought me out of lurking to say thank you both so very much! I too really believe you've reached possibly thousands who thought "this is what's happening to me" or even spouses, partners, family, roommates, etc., thinking those thoughts. I'm going to go so far as to say maybe, just maybe, looking back, we will realize this airing created a pivotal point for AD research, prevention and grassroots initiative.

Well Done Ladies!

Silverlining
4/4
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

Julie G wrote:There was lots of Jerry Springer drama that was thankfully cut out.
I am so glad. My friend and business partner did an episode on grassfed beef last year, and they definitely went the "Jerry Springer" route with that one.

But this made your episode stand in even starker contrast. Aside from the "why don't you publish more data" aspect without once acknowledging the existing peer-reviewed research, my sense was Dr Oz was indeed legitimately impressed with your compelling personal stories. This episode worked precisely because you and Colorful had the courage to take this huge leap of faith.

Don't know what it was before, but I see this morning that Dr B's book is #1 on Amazon in Neurology, Dementia and Alzheimer's categories and #3 overall in Health, Fitness and Dieting (right behind the irresistible title of "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" :shock: ). I agree with Silverlining, this could be a pivotal point in the movement.

Russ
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Congratulations and well done!

Any links to it available? I'd love to see it.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

I found the following on the Dr. Oz site: http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/controv ... 2898146001

The video is broken up into segments. Either turn on AutoPlay or click each video thumbnail under the larger video screen.

I'm just getting started watching...
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Silverlining wrote:Brought me out of lurking to say thank you both so very much! I too really believe you've reached possibly thousands who thought "this is what's happening to me" or even spouses, partners, family, roommates, etc., thinking those thoughts. I'm going to go so far as to say maybe, just maybe, looking back, we will realize this airing created a pivotal point for AD research, prevention and grassroots initiative.

Well Done Ladies!

Silverlining
4/4
I so agree with you Silverlining. Great Job Ladies!
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Kudos, Julie and Colorful! You both did a fantastic job. I applaud your courage to put yourselves out there in such a big way for the good of all.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Agree, very good interviews and I applaud your honesty and truthfulness, especially in a public forum. But, I got tired of Dr. Oz calling Dr. Bredesen and his approach to treating symptoms of Alzheimers controversial and the comments about why don't more people come forward or release their medical records. What's up with that? He of all people, being a doctor, should know these implications. Just my 2 cents. It was annoying.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Ski »

Nice job Julie!
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Just watched the show and I want to say how very, very grateful I am for these two courageous, amazing warrior-women: our Julie and Deborah. (Pretty sure I don't have that kind of courage, but equally sure I know it when I see it.) Also forever grateful for the brilliant Dr. Bredesen who had the commitment and courage to challenge conventional wisdom, go public and stand in front of the cameras persuasively debating the Dr. Oz types, sharing his findings and motivating people to take action.
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DianeSC »

Thank you to Dr. Bredesen, Julie, and Deborah! It was so nice to see all of you present this amazing information. I agree with Thx 4 the genes about Dr. Oz's repeated caveats. It was really irritating and seemed disrespectful of Dr. Bredesen. I don't think Dr. Oz is familiar with his work. However, I do think the Dr. Oz show provides many people with this information who would not normally know about it.