Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
meggardener
Contributor
Contributor

Post by meggardener »

Just tried to post an introduction with questions, but lost it when I was trying to figure out how to add a photo. Is there anyway to retrieve my unsubmitted post? I don't see how to find it.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: newbie

Post by slacker »

meggardener wrote:Just tried to post an introduction with questions, but lost it when I was trying to figure out how to add a photo. Is there anyway to retrieve my unsubmitted post? I don't see how to find it.
Welcome meggardener;

I've had the same thing happen in the past, but unfortunately do not know how to fix it :shock: I end up retyping my post again. It is quite annoying to lose one's work. Perhaps someone else will know the answer to this...

Our primer has a wealth of information on approaches to help cognition. You can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

And when you are ready, feel free to share more about yourself in the "Our Stories" Forum.
Slacker
E4/E4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Hi Meggardener,

Welcome to the forum. I have also lost a post or two in the past, and I also do not know how to retrieve. We'd love to hear your story, so I encourage you to try again. (You can post without a photo, maybe go back later and add it.)
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
meggardener
Contributor
Contributor

Post by meggardener »

I have done it again...... Can't find the draft I just saved. I need primer on how to post :? Anyone know? Also how do I add a photo to my user name? or is that just for coordinators?
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Hi meggardener,
Welcome. Sorry about the problems you are having with your disappearing post.
As far as a missing saved draft, you could check by clicking on your name in the upper right under Donate and Our Team) there will be a drop down menu. If you click on User Control Panel that will let you see a list that includes "Manage Drafts". That is the only help I can offer for finding it. You will also see that under the User Control Panel in drop down below your name, you can click "Profile". That is where you add your photo. There are specifications about size that were the tricky part for me.
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

floramaria wrote:Hi meggardener,
Welcome. Sorry about the problems you are having with your disappearing post.
As far as a missing saved draft, you could check by clicking on your name in the upper right under Donate and Our Team) there will be a drop down menu. If you click on User Control Panel that will let you see a list that includes "Manage Drafts". That is the only help I can offer for finding it. You will also see that under the User Control Panel in drop down below your name, you can click "Profile". That is where you add your photo. There are specifications about size that were the tricky part for me.
Ha ha floramarie! By following your instructions, I just found 2 drafts from 2016! Better late than never? ;)
Slacker
E4/E4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

slacker wrote: Ha ha floramarie! By following your instructions, I just found 2 drafts from 2016! Better late than never? ;)
Too funny! :lol:
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

floramaria wrote:
slacker wrote: Ha ha floramarie! By following your instructions, I just found 2 drafts from 2016! Better late than never? ;)
Too funny! :lol:
I'm always open to learning something new :D (and now, we'll return this thread to meggardener...)
Slacker
E4/E4
silviapanitch
Contributor
Contributor

Post by silviapanitch »

Is anyone attending the meeting tomorrow in Chicago by the Alzheimer's association? I will be there. Let me know so may be we can meet there.
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Hello silviapanitch

I will be in Chicago on November 11-18 only !!! Hope someone will attend this meeting with you.

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to be where you can get lots of information and support. One of the best places to start is the primer. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

Everyone's experience is different and you will see that here. Also, the primer takes you to places that really do help in reversing cognitive decline.
In addition to the forum, The End of Alzheimer's book recently came out. It's by Dr Dale Bredesen - a leading pioneer in the field. It is written for lay people and easy to understand. Let me know if I can answer any more questions

Again welcome
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)