Gathering Recipes—I need your help!

JMC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gathering Recipes—I need your help!

Post by JMC »

Julie G wrote:Love this, JML!

I'll share my no-fail mayo that takes 15 seconds to make- literally, once ingredients are combined.

1 cup of extra virgin olive oil (I use a high polyphenol variety, but a milder version is OK.)
1 pastured egg (Wash the shell with soap and water beforehand to avoid salmonella contamination.)
1/2 lemon or lime
Pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients into a tall cylindrical container. I use the one that came with my immersion blender. This matters because successful mayo is the result of a chemical reaction and all ingredients need to be in close proximity. Start by pouring in your EVOO, then adding one egg. Scantly squeeze the juice of a half lemon or lime (avoiding seeds) and add in a pinch of salt. Place an immersion (stick) blender into the very bottom of the container and blend for 15 seconds. This is important. If you turn the blender on before it touches the bottom of the container, your mayo can fail. If you carefully follow instructions, I promise perfect no-fail mayo every time.
Julie, how long does the mayo last refrigerated? I would like to try this recipe, sounds easy & yummy! :)
Jenni 3/4
FlorenceSwanstrom
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FlorenceSwanstrom »

Hi JML if its not too late... I am attaching a Keto Bread recipe that has saved me.

I know there are those who choose to avoid "proxy foods", but I am one who likes the illusion of carbs.
This bread is delicious, rises, and can be used for sandwiches, if a little frafile. I prefer it toasted with ghee :)

It also freezes beautifully, sliced. Will send photo separately.

Enjoy!

Florence Swanstrom
Watchung, NJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

FlorenceSwanstrom wrote:Hi JML if its not too late... I am attaching a Keto Bread recipe that has saved me.

I know there are those who choose to avoid "proxy foods", but I am one who likes the illusion of carbs.
This bread is delicious, rises, and can be used for sandwiches, if a little frafile. I prefer it toasted with ghee :)

It also freezes beautifully, sliced. Will send photo separately.

Enjoy!

Florence Swanstrom
Watchung, NJ

Hello Florence,
Welcome to the forum.
I think It's never too late for a new and tested out keto bread recipe:)
Thank you for sharing with us!

I see that you have joined us recently. If you have not found it yet, I would like to point you to our PRIMER
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418
It's a been created by a member- a physician , and it's an amazing wealth of information on Apoe4 science and possible prevention strategies of cognitive decline.
If you have a minute, I also encourage you to write a little more about yourself in "Our Stories". If you need help with figuring out how does the forum work and how to get the most out of the site please clink below link:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/%22How-To% ... fo_website

We hope to hear more from you.

Be well,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
FlorenceSwanstrom
Contributor
Contributor

Keto Bread photo
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

FlorenceSwanstrom wrote:Keto Bread photo

Florence,
I dont think the picture is attached...
Please try one more time.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
FlorenceSwanstrom
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry/thanks...
ONE-CARB SLICES!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

FlorenceSwanstrom wrote:Hi JML if its not too late... I am attaching a Keto Bread recipe that has saved me.
Not too late Florence! I just uploaded your keto bread recipe to the Wiki page. Can't wait to try it.

Let us know if you have any more favorite recipes!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

I posted this elsewhere but thought this would be a nice addition. (For those following Dr. Gundry you can skip the peppers, anyone with an alternative please chime in!):

I've been using this Thai dipping sauce recipe for a while, it's awesome for all seafood (actually just about anything!). You can skip the hot peppers if you like, but I like mine spicy!

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
2-1/2 Tbs. sugar (I use Stevia in the Raw or Monk Fruit extract which is more like real sugar)
2 Tbs. fish sauce
1-1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
1-1/2 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. minced garlic (I use minced garlic with ginger for extra flavour)
1/2 tsp. minced fresh hot red or green chile, such as cayenne, Thai bird, or serrano

Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let stand
at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors develop and blend.
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Brain Health Kitchen
New User
New User

Post by Brain Health Kitchen »

Hello! I am new to this community and was thrilled to see your post. I am a physician who created a cooking school to help people learn how to cook to fend of Alzheimer's and other dementias: Brain Health Kitchen. The food is mostly based on the Mediterranean diet and follows the MIND diet guidelines. If you want to use any of the recipes on my website http://www.brainhealthkitchen.com, please do! I would love to share them with the group. And I can't wait to see what you all are cooking.
Annie Fenn, MD
Annie Fenn, MD
Brain Health Kitchen Cooking School
Fighting Alzheimer's With Food
http://www.BrainHealthKitchen.com
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Brain Health Kitchen wrote:If you want to use any of the recipes on my website http://www.brainhealthkitchen.com, please do! I would love to share them with the group. And I can't wait to see what you all are cooking.Annie Fenn, MD
Hi Annie,
Welcome to the community and thanks for offering to share your recipes! Can you point me to some of your favorites that you think this community would enjoy? I am happy to upload them on our Wiki Recipe page.

People on this site follow a variety of different diets, and we try to include recipes that are as diverse as the community. It is always fun to see what others are cooking and enjoying.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach