Of course!
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Gathering Recipes—I need your help!

Post by hill dweller »

Quiche With No-Flour Crust

Generously rub a pie plate with butter or coconut oil. I prefer glass over metal, but either will do.

Crush coarsely chicharrones (pork rinds) to yield about a cup. Press into pie plate

Filling: beat 5 -6 eggs, season generously with tumeric and black pepper. Add whole milk or sour cream or combination thereof in equal measure. You probably don't need salt, since the crust will be slightly salty.

Put a layer of any type of cheese on top of crust (goat cheese is my favorite). Add a layer of lightly cooked veggies (spinach!) with water squeezed out (leftovers are great).

Pour filling over top. Dust with paprika or more black pepper.

Place in pre-heated 450F degree oven and immediately reduce heat to 350F. Cook until slightly firm when touched and slightly brown on top (20 - 30 mins). This quiche will cook more quickly than a traditional flour crust.

[Sorry I can't be more precise but this is my go-to recipe to use up stale cheeses and leftover veggies, and while I never make it the same way twice, it never fails me.]

Note: The black pepper (bioperine) enhances the absorption of the curcumin in the tumeric.
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

Chocolate Cream Decadent Dessert

Melt 4 oz good quality dark chocolate (77%+ choc content) in microwave or over double boiler.

Whip 8 oz heavy cream to peaks.

Fold melted chocolate into cream. Don't overblend -- the chunky streaks give it texture and eye-appeal.

Spoon into 4 wine glasses or transparent custard cups. Chill a bit before serving to firm up the chocolate.

Options: (1) For added sweetness, fold in a tablespoon or two of frozen blueberries. (2) Dust top with powdered cinnamon. (3) Add a tablespoon of very strong brewed coffee to the chocolate as you melt it.
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

Avocado & Citrus Salad

Peel and dice avocado. Peel & dice any type of grapefruit or orange. (Grapefruit is especially tangy in contrast to the buttery flavor of avocado.)

Toss vigorously. Allow to sit for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.

Options: (2) Add light drizzle of olive oil and/or black pepper. (2) Garnish with toasted, slivered almonds.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

hill dweller wrote:Quiche With No-Flour Crust
I make a crustless quiche to avoid grain (and pork rinds!) Like hill, I use an assortment of vegetables and herbs for the filling, almost always starting with sauteed onion and garlic. My standard is to add kale to the saute, with ground allspice, basil, salt, and pepper for seasoning. Another variation is roasted peppers; a combo of poblano and red bell is tasty. Seasoning varies - I tried cumin and oregano most recently. I use a 1/2 eggshell full of coconut non-dairy per beaten egg, pour over top, and sprinkle a bit of cheese over that (As a double E4, I LOVE high quality cheese, as predicted by Dr Gundry. A little bit goes a long way). Consider a layer of sliced fresh tomato on top of the cheese.
Slacker
E4/E4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Instead of pork rinds, I thinly slice sweet potatoes to lay in the bottom of the dish before adding the rest of the quiche ingredients.
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

If you scowl down you will find a recipe for a gluten free grain free pie crest.

I have her cookbook for chickpea flour and I now enjoy waffles, muffins and crepes without gluten and with a decent amount of protein.

https://powerhungry.com/

Maureen
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I recently started using the Yummly app and love it!

You get a free account and add recipes that you like to your account.

Recipes that are already part of Yummly can be searched using filters so it only shows you recipes that fit your diet.

If you want to save a recipe you 'Yum' it.

Once saved, there is a built-in shopping list and you can add all the ingredients at once, or just one-by-one. In the shopping list the ingredient will note the recipe(s) you need it for and how much. You can also add your other shopping items to the list and use it as your global grocery shopping list (if you have a smart phone).

You can set the date and time you want to eat a dish and it will be entered on your calendar with a notification when to start preparing it. (Yes, I need such a thing! :roll: :lol: )

Many recipe websites online have a little Yummly/Yum button that allow you to add the recipe bloggers recipe to your saved recipes in Yummly. Yummly will link back to the web page for directions, but if the recipe is already part of Yummly, the directions are in the app.

You can rate and comment on a recipe in the app, so if you tweaked it somehow you liked, just add it to a comment for others and your comment will be there for you when you make it again.

The other day I emailed the Yummly people and asked if there is a way to add an 'add to Yummly' button to a Wiki page so we could use it. I haven't heard back. :cry:

There are probably other such apps, maybe even better ones?, but if so I don't know about them. Please share if you use a different one.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

This probably won't help, but I got this reply from Yummly:
You can add the Yum Button to your blog to allow your readers to save your recipes to their Yummly recipe box. Once Yummed, any recipe on your blog will be added to Yummly and searchable to our over 15 million monthly users! The more Yums on your recipes, the more traffic and visibility they will get since they are bubbled up higher in search results. See how to add the Yum Button to your blog here: https://help.yummly.com/hc/en-us/articl ... -your-site

However, please note that we can not guarantee that this will work with a wiki page - but this is the only thing we currently offer that you can try to see if it will work properly.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Hey circ, thanks for the Yummly info. I'm going to help JML set up the wiki page, so I'll followup with Marc or Teazer to see if the Yummly button can be added once we have the page going.