Besides cooking you can also teach How to Eat Mindfully.
Some simple rules:
1. Focus on the eating as the main task (do not multitask, e.g. cell phones, TV, reading etc).
2. Focus on individual ingredients that you can identify (e.g. a pea, a green leaf, onion piece, etc.)
3. Contemplate where the food came from. Visualize the imaginary farm where the crop was grown (e.g. an Orange from an orchard in California, a potato from a farm in Idaho).
4. Engage your senses by noticing colors, smells, textures, tastes and sounds. Sound examples, slurping, crunching, chewing etc.
5. Eat slowly.
6. In your heart feel the gratitude towards the cook who cooked it, or the host who provided it.
7. And finally - Enjoy the food, savor every bite, keep a happy smile while eating.
Last edited by Jaque
on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.