Dale Bredesen talk in Carlisle, PA (April 25)

Bluesky
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dale Bredesen talk in Carlisle, PA (April 25)

Post by Bluesky »

Fiver wrote:Friends, here is an event you might be interested in. It is free and open to the public.

Reducing the Global Burden of Dementia: The First Alzheimer’s Survivors
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Dickinson College, Carlisle PA
Anita Tuvin Schlechter Auditorium, 7 p.m.
Bredesen describes his treatment for Alzheimer’s and pre-Alzheimer’s, along with associated challenges and implications. A book sale and signing will follow the presentation.
More information: http://clarke.dickinson.edu/dale-bredesen/
I expect the crowd will be a mixture of students and community members.
Carlisle is about 2 hours from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C and 30 minutes from Harrisburg.
Hello, Fiver. I'm a brand new member. At the risk of being redundant, I thought it might make sense to write directly to those who seem to live in PA. I'm looking for information on practitioners of the Bredesen protocol who have a practice in Central or Western PA. I would be grateful for any information you might have.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Bluesky wrote:Hello, everyone,
This is my first post, since I am a newcomer to this site. I am glad to know that it is here.
I'd like to ask if anyone knows of a physician in Central PA or Western PA who works with the Bredesen protocol.
I'd be grateful for any tips or suggestions.
Welcome Bluesky!
Sorry to say that I can't offer any knowledge of a Bredesen-trained practitioner in the Central PA area. Dr. Bredesen's protocol is now available through a new company http://www.ahnphealth.com/, which is not directly affiliated with the ApoE4.Info forum. Depending on your situation, you may want to check out their new package for testing and reports, which then can be share with your doctor. Here are a couple of links to information both on the Bredesen Protocol on our Wiki The End of Alzheimer's and on the decision that some people make to practice some parts of it themselves. Can I practice the Bredesen protocol without a trained practitioner?.
Since you've just joined today, a great resource is the Primer by physician member Stavia, who is also ApoE 4/4. It contains a wealth of information organized into easily browsed sections. Many of us come back to it from time to time for a refresher!
The Wiki is also a great source of user-curated information, especially if you're feeling like you jumped into the middle of a conversation in a new language! And to help with navigating, searching, getting notifications of favorite topics and quoting others, the How-To Guide has lots of step-by-step directions with screen shots to avoid frustration using this forum software.
Feel free to share your own path to finding the forum, and other questions you have by either posting a New Topic on Our Stories or jumping right into other forum topics.
And as for Central PA; my husband and I have traveled through towns like Carlisle, Shamokin Dam and Selinsgrove many times on the way north or south. Wonderfully friendly folks; hope you find that this is a similar community.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Bluesky
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bluesky »

Thank you, NF 52. This information is certainly useful. I'm intrigued by AHNP Health. I wonder what reputation they have among their peers and their clients. I have traveled through the Carlisle area many times on my way to Maryland. I highly recommend Peters Orchards, which is nearby and has a wonderful country-market feel to it.
It is kind of you to respond to my post. It feels at the moment as if I'm drinking from a fire hose. The task of sorting through the information is a bit daunting. That makes person-to-person messages like yours all the more valuable and appreciated.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Bluesky wrote:It feels at the moment as if I'm drinking from a fire hose. The task of sorting through the information is a bit daunting.
Hi Bluesky,

I think most of us have felt like we were drinking from a fire hose as some point in our journeys here. There is so much to read, digest and absorb. But remember that it is a marathon and not a sprint. Take it in at your own rate. Take deep breaths too!

As NF52 mentioned, the Primer is a very organized place to start. Be sure to ask questions--the community is very generous in sharing.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
LanceS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LanceS »

Philly:
https://philly-im.com/prime-cognition/

Mechanicsburg, PA
Regina Smith, DO; Mechanicsburg, PA
Chris Turnpaugh, DC, DACNB; Mechanicsburg, PA

Turnpaugh Health and Wellness Center, Mechanicsburg, PA.

Sorry no experience with any of the above. Mebbe I'll drive up from MD?
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Hi Bluesky. Sorry for the slow response. Just got back from helping with my mom.

As someone mentioned previously, we have a practice with 2 or 3 trained functional doctors in nearby Mechanicsburg - not too far from the Wegman's and Twin Ponds.

Here is the link: http://www.turnpaughhwc.com/

The whole practice come to Bredesen's talk that night.

PM me if you want more details about that.