Moderator vacancy

Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Moderator vacancy

Post by Stavia »

We are looking for a new moderator to join our team. Duty would be one day a week, probably a Monday. It would be to approve new member's first posts, and block any spam that gets through. Also to respond to obvious breaches of our community guidelines. It's mainly common sense.
Approvals don't have to be instant, a few hours waiting is fine. The system enables email notifications of a post needing approval. Logging on a few times a day is more than sufficient. My time zone enables me to approve USA night posts so if you are in the USA you wouldn't need to worry about overnight.
It's not an onerous duty, but a vital one for our community.
Anyone interested please PM me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Moderator vacancy

Post by Stavia »

ok, no volunteers. We have appointed NF52 as new mod.

We will have several vacancies in some new committees we will be launching soon - if any members feel they would like to contribute in any way, even something small will help us. We all started as volunteers knowing nothing and feeling out of our depth, so I completely understand if anyone is shy and feels intimidated. I felt exactly that some years ago, learned a lot, made many mistakes, and learned some more. Still making mistakes and learning. But we can only grow if we get more hands on board, and us old-timers can certainly guide new volunteers as they learn new skills.
We are extremely grateful for those who are contributing already - our board, both support teams, mod team, other valued volunteers. But we are growing rapidly and getting stretched. Please PM me if you feel you can contribute as a volunteer.
Korie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Korie »

Can you share more about what the new committees will be and the duties required?
Functional Medicine Health & Wellness Coach
Apoe4 Intern
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Moderator vacancy

Post by Stavia »

Korie wrote:Can you share more about what the new committees will be and the duties required?
Ok - well now Susan's resignation is official we have several opportunities for members to contribute.

1. Moderator basically moderates new members on their first post to check they aren't violating our community guidelines ie selling stuff or self promoting. Our spam filter picks up most of them. Or manages breaches of the guidelines from established members. If it's tricky, it gets escalated to me or discussed with the Mod team who have a private section of the boards. NF52 will be doing Susan's Tuesday but the team is small and we could do with extra hands.
2. We have a Facebook page. Apoe4.info. Someone looks for new news (a set Google trawl I am informed by Julie) and posts a news item a couple or three times a week. And checks replies. There are 1500 Facebook members. Not onerous.
3. We need a wiki curator. Not a writer of items, but a curator. To keep it tidy, assess need for new items, see who can write them for us, and help them format it to go in.
4. Julie is starting a development commitee. It's very new and she is exploring options.
5. We have a need for a research commitee to hold conversations with researchers who approach us with opportunities.
6. Event coordination - planning our annual meet up.
7. And our Board will be assessing our need for a new additional board member.

It's a very exciting growth phase. Far too much for our tiny handful to manage. And Julie has been doing far too much.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

Hi Stavia,

I would be happy to volunteer on the research committee also (in addition to the event coordination committee).

Best,
Grace
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

For those interested in committee work, please respond on this thread. I've also received several email offers of help and will be responding shortly. Thanks!