Farewell to Susan

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Farewell to Susan

Post by Julie G »

With a heart full of gratitude… and regret, I’ve recently accepted the resignation of Susan from our board of directors and moderating team. Susan is one of our long time members who’s been there almost from the very beginning. When Gilgamesh, Ski, and I struggled to get our project off the ground as a non-profit, she provided multiple pep talks at key moments. Her keen business expertise has helped guide us to become what we are today. Susan has also helped to run and manage our Facebook page, which serves as both public relations for our project and an alternate community for E4 carriers. She’s more recently taken on the role of developing and curating our wiki. Along with Theresa, she’s dramatically transformed it into a relevant source of information for our members and beyond. Most importantly, I consider Susan to be a dear friend and sincerely hope that she’ll stick around as an active member and “methylation whisperer.” In working on her own methylation, she's earned a level of expertise that's helped to guide multiple members struggling with similar issues. Godspeed to you, sweet Susan. You'll always have a family with us. -xo
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Farewell to Susan

Post by Jan »

Sadness was my first thought, but certainly gratitude greatly overwhelms that. Susan, I still study your posts, because I know I can rely on them for accuracy, insight and moral compass. You are fearless, and an inspiration, and I thank you for all you have done.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Aw, shucks. Thanks for the kind words. We have come a long way since those early days of us 23andme refugees!

Now off to do battle with other pressing parts of my life. I'll still be hanging around, chiming in and learning the latest science right along with the rest of you!

Julie, hugs back to you, my friend!
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Likewise, gratitude from me too. So pleased you will be hanging around and Chiming in on occasion. I have appreciated your methylation expertise over the last year or so. Please let us know how you are doing. Best wishes for your new plans.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Oh, goodness, this is a loss to our community, but the gain of Susan's presence here for such a long time shall be celebrated and cherished.

I hope that whatever the occasion of the change be, it isn't anything traumatic or painful.

Susan, thank you so much for teaching me – all of us – so much over the years.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

I’d like to express unwavering appreciation for everything Susan has done, her impressive even-keeled approach, and for her friendship. I know she will remain a friend, that she will continue to provide very valuable contributions to our forum discussions, and that her reason for leaving as board member/moderator must have been thoroughly considered, but I still feel loss.

With so much appreciation, best to you Susan, but I know we’ll be seeing you around.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Susan, like Jan, I review your posts and Wiki repeatedly. Not only are you a wealth of knowledge, but so kind. You have shared so much over the years , thanks for offering to continue to post.

Sending positive thoughts during this difficult time.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

SusanJ wrote: Now off to do battle with other pressing parts of my life. I'll still be hanging around, chiming in and learning the latest science right along with the rest of you!
So glad to hear you'll be hanging around here still Susan! Thanks for everything you've contributed in your role on the Board. You are a treasure.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Sandy57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Sandy57 »

RESPECT.......your an awesome person Susan...Good Luck

Frank
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Susan, you have become a treasured friend over the years. And an enormous source of knowledge and guidance. Thank you so very much for more than I can articulate. You are a very important part of my life and I owe so much to you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk