2018 Meet-up - Input Needed!

Grace
Contributor
Contributor

2018 Meet-up - Input Needed!

Post by Grace »

Hi everyone,

The Conference Committee is exploring options for ways we can get together in 2018 and beyond. In order to best serve you, we've put together a brief 2-minute anonymous survey. Help us design the meet-ups that you want to see!

Find the survey here: https://grace772.typeform.com/to/CehAlY

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. Feel free to add any other ideas, thoughts, or requests on this thread.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2018 Meet-up - Input Needed!

Post by slacker »

Thanks Grace, this will be really helpful for planning!
Slacker
E4/E4
Rainy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rainy »

Awesome meet-up idea and survey, thanks much, hope you get LOTS of responses!!!
Rainy
E4/E4
"Live your life, live your life, live your life!" Maurice Sendak
TWBD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TWBD »

Just a thought. While a webinar can reach many and regional meet ups limit participation and are quite costly, perhaps combing local groups in a meetup with a webinar so we get the best of both worlds ...might be possible consideration for those who can’t travel but would like some kind of oportunity to socialize?
APOE 3/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I like that TWBD!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

I agree.
PWR
New User
New User

Post by PWR »

I think regional Groups seems like a great idea! But this is my first time posting.... spent a long time just reading online...Eeekkk! I might get involved! :)
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Welcome, PWR!
Speaking for this entire community, we're thrilled that you posted (and in the middle of the night from the looks of it) to suggest regional meet-ups. I also spent a long time reading before posting, but hope that you'll feel free to tell us more about yourself in a new topic on Our Stories.
If you haven't found it yet, the PRIMER by Stavia, who is a physician and has ApoE 4/4 is full of helpful advice and well-sourced information.

Best from a few states over (Virginia).
4/4 and still an optimist!
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Welcome to the group, PWR!

I also spent quite awhile wandering around the forums before I felt comfortable enough to jump in and post. Since those early days, I've met a number of our members at conferences and feel incredibly fortunate to have found this community. I've grown to think of this group as my E4 extended family. I've found support, compassion and so much knowledge here to help me along my health journey. I hope you find what you're looking for here as well.

As others have already mentioned, diving into our Primer is the place to start. We also have a site search function found in the microscope icon along the top of this page. Our Wiki with addtional helpful information is located in the 3 vertical buttons on the upper right corner of this page.

Please feel free to ask questions of the group at any time, PWR. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums..all the best, Lucy
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Lucy5 wrote:Our Wiki with addtional helpful information is located in the 3 vertical buttons on the upper right corner of this page.
Actually, the visibility of the wiki was recently elevated (snuck up on me too.) Its now at the top of the page between "forums" and "about us"
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4