Anyone for the UK fancy joining a new meet up?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
GemmaJ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Anyone for the UK fancy joining a new meet up?

Post by GemmaJ »

Hello!

I'm an English 4/4, currently living in Spain and moving back to Hampshire in July. I'd be really interested in a UK meetup/thread etc. I was moving back to be closer to my mother, who sadly died 2 weeks ago from AD at the young age of 70. I'm determined that my sister (3/4) and I won't meet the same fate so any discussion is valuable to me.

Thanks for starting this thread Priya!

Gx
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

Shall I start us a new thread somewhere? Not sure where to put it though.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Orange! This thread is great place to discuss either a virtual or actual UK meet-up. If you'd like to start a thread specifically geared towards UK residents, you might consider the Prevention and Treatment Forum with the understanding that it's somewhat more difficult to access some of the tests and care that we regularly discuss due to the different model of health care. The thread could serve as both a source of support and tips for accessing healthcare within the UK.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

OK. I have done a new thread for the latter here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4843#p55257
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

GemmaJ wrote:I'm an English 4/4, currently living in Spain and moving back to Hampshire in July. I'd be really interested in a UK meetup/thread etc. I was moving back to be closer to my mother, who sadly died 2 weeks ago from AD at the young age of 70. I'm determined that my sister (3/4) and I won't meet the same fate so any discussion is valuable to me.Gx
Dear Gemma, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's death. It was only last May that you posted that she had developed AD very rapidly. As someone 4 years younger than her, I am sure she would have hoped for decades more time with her husband (who I hope is still going strong at 81) and you and your sister. That wasn't an option, in the same way that it wasn't an option for my dad who died at 67 of cardiac arrest less than a year after severe coronary artery disease was diagnosed. I hope the pain and sorrow lessens for you, as you start to remember moments of her life with you that bring happiness. And I'm absolutely sure that she would be proud of the efforts you are making to change the outcome for yourself, and the wonderful efforts you have already made to not let anorexia define you.

You will be a brilliant addition to the UK folks. Be well, and find peace.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Craig46a
New User
New User

Post by Craig46a »

Hi Priya
Yes I would be interested in some UK based contact. Found out I am 4:4 two months ago and must admit for feeling freaked out for some time.
It would be good to hear from others. Email is craig46a@hotmail.com

Regards

Craig
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Craig46a wrote:Hi Priya
Yes I would be interested in some UK based contact. Found out I am 4:4 two months ago and must admit for feeling freaked out for some time.
HI Craig,
I'm sending a warm welcome across the fairly large pond between Virginia and the UK. As someone who is 66 and found out my 4/4 status four years ago, I too "must admit for feeling freaked out for some time." In fact, although I have about 50% English and Scottish DNA, I must admit that my stoic UK genes went AWOL for a tad longer than "some time". So I'm glad that you found this site, and even more glad that you and Priya and the other UK-based members may have the chance to meet up either in person or online.

Since you found us fairly recently, you may not have had time to check out the Primer and Glossary for the Primer. Feel free to tell us more about yourself, if you like, on Our Stories or post questions or replies to any topics you find interesting.

We are a community of learners, and new members are a valuable resource!
4/4 and still an optimist!
DRC31
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DRC31 »

Hi fellow Brits

I followed the link suggested elsewhere on this site to the London Clinic of Nutrition and they have a practitioner trained in the Bredesen Protocol, Helen Williams. I have booked an appointment and will let you know how I get on. £250 for the initial consultation. A lot of money, however, if you consider what is at stake, perhaps not.

Bob (DRC31)
Leigh
New User
New User

Post by Leigh »

Hi,
Happy New Year!
I've literally just joined today (1st Jan) and very much in need of like minded/circumstance support.
I haven't been tested for ApoE4 yet, but my Ma has Lewy Body dementia and I've just finished reading Dr B's book. A little overwhelmed by it all but very positive!
Would love to meet up.
Leigh
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Hi Leigh, Happy New Year and welcome to the apoe4.info site! We are happy to have you join us and place your first post. If you would like some additional information please visit our Primer which is written by our physician - Stavia - who is also a member and 4/4. Sorry to hear about your Ma but as you have already read Dr. Bredesen's book I would like to share that one of my clients diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia, has shown significant improvement since implementing the ReCODE Protocol. Not only has the spouse noted significant improvement but subsequent testing at the MAYO Clinic backed up our observation. Good luck!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD