AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol

Post by NF52 »

deproduction wrote:I'm curious about other people's experience with AHNP Health.
I paid $1,400 for their ReCODE protocol and it took them several months to get me test results. There was zero personal interaction, just organizing my test results into a report that helps make sense of the results... useful, but certainly not worth $1,400. Most of the same tests I have been able to get from my healthcare provider (Kaiser Permanente) for much less (in some cases, free).
AHNP took 5 or 6 months to get me my report, and asked me for $900 more for their ReVERSE program before the results even came through. I'm somewhat desperate for solutions, so I subsequently agreed to pay for ReVERSE despite my poor experience with ReCODE, and now 3 months later, I've heard nothing from them. I don't think its a scam, by any means, just maybe disorganized.
Tony
Welcome, Tony,

Thank you for sharing your experience with AHNP:Precision Health. As you probably know, this forum is not affiliated with AHNP, even though many of our members may have had training in, or experience with using elements of the "Bredesen Protocol". Many more found this site after reading Dr. Bredesen's book, or finding that they have one or two copies of ApoE 4 through a genetic test.

You have every right to be upset with the poor customer service, especially if no explanation was given for it. You have some options too; one of them is to be the squeaky wheel and write letters to the top people in the company (you can see that on their website), another is to contact consumer protection agencies in AHNP's home state of CA. Since they finally provided the ReCODE report, you would mostly be putting them on notice that for the second round of testing for ReVERSE you expect far better service.

I have friends and family members who have been on Kaiser plans, and have heard from them that their providers have been fairly understanding of the request for labs and other referrals. Since you're "desperate for solutions", have you tried seeing your primary care provider to schedule an in-depth conversation about your concerns? If you have not already shared your results, and you know you have ApoE4, you may want to ask your doctor to keep that information out of your records. Medical insurance and life insurance companies cannot discriminate against you based on a genetic risk, but long-term care companies can choose to use that information in providing coverage. The
 Genetic 
Information 
Nondiscrimination 
Act 
of 

If you're concerned about the risk of future effects of apoE4, you may want to focus on the key strategies suggested by the ApoE 4/4 doctor and author of our Primer. Stavia offers a list of strategies, most of which you can start working on yourself. Many of these, including aerobic and strength-training exercise, sleep, maintaining social and cognitive (ex. reading books, using computers) hobbies, reducing inflammation, controlling blood pressure, managing insulin resistance, eating a balanced diet with more fresh and nutrient-dense food and less added sugar and processed food, is also what large-scale studies recently reported on at the annual Alzheimer's Association meeting find are associated with continuing brain health.

If you are experiencing changes, it may be helpful to share your results with your primary provider and look for clues as to what might be out of balance. Sometimes symptoms that are distressing, like a lack of energy and focus, can be tied to something as easy to fix as low thyroid or Vitamin B-12. If you have significant concerns, you may be able to get comprehensive cognitive, physical and neurological testing paid for by Kaiser at a regional Memory Care Unit, which are usually affiliated with a teaching hospital or major medical center. I have been part of a clinical study as such as center, so I know the kinds of tests given and the people who work there, and have found them deeply supportive to families.

On an easier note, for tips on how to quote people so they see your posts, how to search for topics, and how to "follow" topics so you get an email when a new post pops up, check out the How-To Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website section of our Wiki

You may also want to tell us more about yourself and pose some more questions for the group's shared advice and experience on Our Stories You're part of a community committed to helping each other get and stay healthy!
4/4 and still an optimist!
jimcrist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimcrist »

I have a friend in need of the ReCode tests. I've read Bredesen's book and have communicated with AHNP a few months ago. They were a little slow getting back to me, but not too bad. They explained that they were having difficulty keeping up with the demand. Sounds like things have gotten even worse. 5-6 months for the report is unacceptable. Are others having better luck??

Is there a list of the tests they do for ReCode? Is it better to start with the AHNP approach or is it better to find a Bredesen trained doctor and start there? I can't find any Bredesen doctors in Madison, WI, which is disconcerting given it's a bit of a medical mecca. My friend's current neurologist doesn't sound like a Bredesen fan. Why would that be? Thanks for any and all help. This forum seems amazingly useful!!!
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

jimcrist wrote:I have a friend in need of the ReCode tests. I've read Bredesen's book and have communicated with AHNP a few months ago. They were a little slow getting back to me, but not too bad. They explained that they were having difficulty keeping up with the demand. Sounds like things have gotten even worse. 5-6 months for the report is unacceptable. Are others having better luck??

Is there a list of the tests they do for ReCode? Is it better to start with the AHNP approach or is it better to find a Bredesen trained doctor and start there? I can't find any Bredesen doctors in Madison, WI, which is disconcerting given it's a bit of a medical mecca. My friend's current neurologist doesn't sound like a Bredesen fan. Why would that be? Thanks for any and all help. This forum seems amazingly useful!!!
Another member was able to find the list of tests after creating an account with AHNP, but before paying anything. I tried to find their post without luck.

Many Bredesen trained practitioners use telemedicine, so you don't necessarily need to find someone in town.

The CTO of AHNP posted twice to our website in February with apologies; here is his contact information -Lance Kelly, CTO AHNP Precision Health (lance@ahnphealth.com)
Slacker
E4/E4
deproduction
Contributor
Contributor

Post by deproduction »

SamNZ wrote: I thought I might send the web link to this forum page to AHNP so they are aware of issues out there - would that be ok with you?
Yes, I'd appreciate that, thank you!
And thanks for the welcome!
Tony
lanceahnp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lanceahnp »

deproduction wrote:I'm curious about other people's experience with AHNP Health.
I paid $1,400 for their ReCODE protocol and it took them several months to get me test results. There was zero personal interaction, just organizing my test results into a report that helps make sense of the results... useful, but certainly not worth $1,400. Most of the same tests I have been able to get from my healthcare provider (Kaiser Permanente) for much less (in some cases, free).
AHNP took 5 or 6 months to get me my report, and asked me for $900 more for their ReVERSE program before the results even came through. I'm somewhat desperate for solutions, so I subsequently agreed to pay for ReVERSE despite my poor experience with ReCODE, and now 3 months later, I've heard nothing from them. I don't think its a scam, by any means, just maybe disorganized.
Tony
Dear Tony,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any frustration you’ve encountered with AHNP—and especially with the time it took to receive results for your One-time ReCODE Report.

We are now able to generate these results within a 2-3 week time frame, but when we first offered this option to participants, it took much longer than anticipated, as we worked to streamline the process.

To help you move forward with The Bredesen Protocol, we’d like to offer a phone call with one of our team members who will help you find a practitioner who is a good fit, answer any questions you might have, and discuss a credit to your account.

You should receive an email from us shortly; just let us know the best time and day to reach you along with your time zone and phone number.

We thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Lance Kelly
CTO, AHNP Health
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Here’s an interesting blog post from Josh Mittledorf that explores “Money in Aging Research” and surveys for-profit research centers. AHNP and it’s struggle to meet demand is mentioned. The overall tenor towards AHNP however is decidedly bullish leading me (and hopefully others who are using this general approach with and without AHNP) to feel decidedly optimistic.
I gave up on the stock market years ago, the pride of the mathematician laid low by the surprises of the real world; but if I were a gambling man, I’d bet on Bredesen/Apollo.  There’s a solid core of biochemistry under a mountain of clinical data, and sparked to life with a bit of inspired guesswork.  They are modest (or prudent) enough to claim ‘only’ to have cured Alzheimer’s, but I would be eager to see methylation tests that relate their protocol to the best aging clock we’ve got.
Shadepeace2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shadepeace2 »

jimcrist wrote:I have a friend in need of the ReCode tests. I've read Bredesen's book and have communicated with AHNP a few months ago. They were a little slow getting back to me, but not too bad. They explained that they were having difficulty keeping up with the demand. Sounds like things have gotten even worse. 5-6 months for the report is unacceptable. Are others having better luck??

I’ve been using this list. Hope it helps!:

https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Bredesen_Protocol