ApoE4 and Alzheimer’s, but wait! There’s more! (Wiki)

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

ApoE4 and Alzheimer’s, but wait! There’s more! (Wiki)

Post by TheresaB »

Lest we forget, this ApoE4.info organization (yes, we are a non-profit, not just a website) is dedicated to the ApoE ε4 allele. Alzheimer’s is foremost when it comes to our health concerns, but there are other health issues associated with our gene. I felt there was a need to start a wiki topic to elaborate on those “other” health concerns. This is the new write-up:

4.13 ApoE ε4 and health conditions beyond (or maybe contributing to) Alzheimer’s

These additional issues are mostly the ones we’ve heard of before, I just tried to find some of the research to back up the hearsay. And let me add some of the research is very conflicting.

For anyone overwhelmed at just the thought of a greater susceptibility to Alzheimer’s, these add-ons don’t require additional protocols. What we discuss in the Primer, these forums, and in the wiki benefit an ApoE ε4 carrier from head to toe. Remember, what’s good for the body is good for the brain.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ApoE4 and Alzheimer’s, but wait! There’s more! (Wiki)

Post by slacker »

Another excellent job, TheresaB! Many thanks.
Slacker
E4/E4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Great list of add-ons, Theresa!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks Theresa, very timely for me.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

TheresaB wrote:Lest we forget, this ApoE4.info organization (yes, we are a non-profit, not just a website) is dedicated to the ApoE ε4 allele. Alzheimer’s is foremost when it comes to our health concerns, but there are other health issues associated with our gene. I felt there was a need to start a wiki topic to elaborate on those “other” health concerns. This is the new write-up:

4.13 ApoE ε4 and health conditions beyond (or maybe contributing to) Alzheimer’s... Remember, what’s good for the body is good for the brain.
Theresa, thank you for an enormous amount of scholarly investigation and plain old grunt work of composing the entries!! I think this is enormously helpful, especially as sometimes members say things like "there's no Alzheimer's in my family, just Parkinson's and vascular dementia."

In light of how important (and novel for many people) this information is, would it make sense to make it 4.2, not 4.13? I worry about "scanning fatigue" that people won't look past what are entries devoted more to issues of interventions or underlying health and not get to this. Great work deserves to be noticed!
4/4 and still an optimist!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

circular wrote:In light of how important (and novel for many people) this information is, would it make sense to make it 4.2, not 4.13? I worry about "scanning fatigue"
Thank you so much for that feedback. Originally I had put it at 4.2 but then had second thoughts and put it at the end of the list. But with your feedback, I will move it up.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

TheresaB wrote:
circular wrote:In light of how important (and novel for many people) this information is, would it make sense to make it 4.2, not 4.13? I worry about "scanning fatigue"
That quote was our friend NF52 ;)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.