URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Including yourself, how many people from your family do you think are likely to enroll?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 am

2%
68%
24%
7%
No votes

Total votes: 119

Maggie37
New User
New User

Re: URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Post by Maggie37 »

I am homozygous e4 and would be very interested in participating in this study
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Maggie37 wrote: I am homozygous e4 and would be very interested in participating in this study
Hi Maggie and welcome!

Thank you for sharing your interest in this study. Should the study become a reality, everyone expressing interest will be invited to participate. Like you, I am also homozygous 4/4, and would love to join in if/when it is up and running!

In the meantime, we highly recommend our site Primer as a great way to become more familiar with our group. It was written by the brilliant Stavia, also a 4/4 and practicing physician. It offers a comprehensive look at the E4 allele including easy to follow, prioritized lifestyle strategies focused on minimizing it's potential negative effects. We also have a Wiki offering additional in-depth discussions on topics of particular interest to our members. The Wiki How-To guide found here has some great tips to help members navigate our site more easily/effectively. To search our forums for topics of interest to you, just click on the magnifying glass found along the upper right of this page.

Maggie, please don't hesitate to share/ask questions of the group at any time. This really is a very supportive community and we continue to learn so much from one another.
warmly, Lucy
Bobbi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bobbi »

I am a 3/4. Can I participate?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Bobbi wrote:I am a 3/4. Can I participate?
Hi Bobbi,
This study opportunity hasn't started yet; this forum topic was a preliminary survey to see how many forum members might be interested in such a study. Don't worry--if and when the study is ready to roll out, I am sure we will have links to information about it for interested users. In the meantime, I hope you are still finding the forum useful, and want to recognize your positive attitude in dealing with both your previous breast cancer history and your ApoE 4 status. As you have learned, we come in unique packaging and while modern medicine can work wonders, we all have the opportunity to make decisions that feel right for us, and empower us to find joy in each day.
4/4 and still an optimist!
1ja2s2
New User
New User

Post by 1ja2s2 »

I am very interested in doing this. I’m new on the site and trying to absorb as much as I can. Thank you.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

1ja2s2 wrote:I am very interested in doing this. I’m new on the site and trying to absorb as much as I can. Thank you.
Welcome to the community,1ja2s2!

There's a lot to absorb on the site, isn't there? I've been here for a couple of years, and it took me a while to realize that I could find the topics that were most relevant to me and give myself permission not to learn everything! So here's a resource that may help you do that: "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website. It has screen shots and brief directions for how to quote users so they are notified of your post, how to subscribe to topics and conversations of interest, what all those icons next to your user name in the upper right corner of the screen do, and more.

As for the biomarker study, don't worry! The "urgent" part of that was just to gauge the interest of forum members in a not-yet-available study of biomarkers. If you happen to be interested in currently available clinical studies of people with ApoE 4, just post a reply about that, or do a "search" (magnifying glass icon by your name) for "clinical trials".

We hope you'll check out the topics in the Wiki, our own online resource of background info and deep dives into topics, curated by some of our members who have done the legwork so we don't have to re-discover everything.

And if you're new to the whole area of ApoE4, or looking for a balanced view of what strategies you can use now to reduce your risk later, the Primer is a great place to start. It was written by our physician member Stavia, who is herself ApoE 4/4.

Feel free to tell us about your own experience and interest in ApoE 4 and your current needs or questions by posting a New Topic in Our Stories

Happy 4th of July!
4/4 and still an optimist!
fivediets
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fivediets »

Interested, of course ;)
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

Hi Julie,

I am interested in participating.
DanaOBX
New User
New User

Post by DanaOBX »

Hi,

I am interested in participating. Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
Dana
MagicBean
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MagicBean »

I'm interested.