URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Including yourself, how many people from your family do you think are likely to enroll?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 am

2%
68%
24%
7%
No votes

Total votes: 119

Julie G
Mod
Mod

URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Post by Julie G »

Hi Friends! Over the past year, we’ve been collaborating with Prodrome Sciences and OpenCures on a project to advance APOE-ε4 science. ApoE4.Info members who choose to participate will receive quarterly reports of levels of hundreds of metabolites, proteins, and standard clinical biomarkers to help us refine our personal health strategies. Our anonymized data will inform the development of prevention and treatment strategies for all ε4 carriers and comprise an open access database available to all researchers.

The testing will be extraordinarily detailed and will provide information measured and used by scientists but not yet clinically available at any price. At a cellular level, what is happening in our bodies? Does the latest research associate our metabolomic profiles with vibrant health and longevity or with chronic disease and increased mortality? As we adapt strategies to mitigate the effect of our APOE-ε4 status, what happens to our metabolomes? Do specific strategies help or hurt? We will be able to conduct our own N=1 personal experiments, to discuss and share our experiences with others, and to access the anonymized data of all participants.

Metabolomic links to specific diseases is a hot research topic, and we will receive results that help us evaluate and potentially alter our own prospects for Alzheimer’s, heart disease, colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, and overall longevity.

Optionally, each participant will be able to try a new supplement designed to boost a key family of the measured metabolites. You can learn more about the links among plasmalogen levels, Alzheimer’s risk, and APOE-ε4 status from the slide deck attached to the first post of this topic.

Full details including testing scope, report samples, and costs are still being developed. The metabolomic testing will be donated by Prodrome Sciences, and we will enjoy favorable pricing for the standard clinical tests. Currently our convenient in-home phlebotomy solution accounts for most of the expense. We are exploring options to allow individual participants to reduce the cost, which we expect to come in above $50 and below $125 monthly over the minimum two year participation period.

What you will need to provide:
  • -Quarterly blood draws with a phlebotomist coming to your home or to a central location near you.
    -Quarterly anthropometric data including height, weight, blood pressure
    -Quarterly online cognitive testing
    -Quarterly reporting of your lifestyle strategies, diet details, and supplements
Participation will not be limited to ε4 carriers. We are especially interested in including non-ε4 family members. The project is not imminent; however, we do need a preliminary assessment of member interest for an NIH grant application that is due soon. Grant funds could reduce member cost, enrich the information we receive, or both.

To weigh in, please respond to the poll above in this topic.
GigiMc
New User
New User

Re: URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Post by GigiMc »

I am interested in this. I didn’t see the poll. I am new to this site and not familiar with it completely. This Is my first post. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL444
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LOL444 »

Welcome GigiMc! We are so happy to have you here! This is such a great resource of information. Since this is your first post, I would encourage you to go to the “our stories” section and tell us more about you! And if you have any specific questions, there are many people here who would like to help you in gathering information.
Dare to live a powerful life!

LOL444, Health and Wellness Coach
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I am interested in this. I didn’t see the poll. I am new to this site and not familiar with it completely.
Welcome, Gigi! The poll is above this topic.
JosieW
New User
New User

Post by JosieW »

Just responded to the poll. Count me in.
Caroli77
New User
New User

Post by Caroli77 »

I am interested in being a part of this study. Anxious to hear more about it!
At the age of 60 and a double e4, I am always looking for new therapies and supplements
to prolong the quality of my life.
jkramer65
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jkramer65 »

[quote="Julie G"]Hi Friends! Over the past year, we’ve been collaborating with Prodrome Sciences and OpenCures on a project to advance APOE-ε4 science. ApoE4.Info members who choose to participate will receive quarterly reports of levels of hundreds of metabolites, proteins, and standard clinical biomarkers to help us refine our personal health strategies. Our anonymized data will inform the development of prevention and treatment strategies for all ε4 carriers and comprise an open access database available to all researchers.

I AM IN!!!!
Please include me in this study. I'm 100% committed. e4/e4 healthy and coming on 54 yo.
Thorlox
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thorlox »

I would also like to be included in the study. Kindly let me know.
Michael Stern (Thorlox) 75 yr
sabaka
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sabaka »

Hi Julie!
I am e4/e4 healthy woman. I added 2 people from my family to the poll.
However, I would like to volunteer on this project. I am a software engineer with over 20 years of experience and knowledge of machine learning, data science, application development. Lately I was thinking of developing a tool like that myself. How can I become a part of the team and work on this project? I live in Silicon Valley. I currently teach computer science and will have time to volunteer.
Lana
newkana
New User
New User

Post by newkana »

Interested, but I am assuming this study is limited to the USA members. I am in Canada