URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Including yourself, how many people from your family do you think are likely to enroll?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 am

2%
68%
24%
7%
No votes

Total votes: 119

Nicoladawnwatson
New User
New User

Re: URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Post by Nicoladawnwatson »

I have just joined this forum as I have 2 ApoE 4 alleles. I am in the UK. Does that rule me out?
RAJ64
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RAJ64 »

Nicoladawnwatson wrote:I have just joined this forum as I have 2 ApoE 4 alleles. I am in the UK. Does that rule me out?
Hello there, Nicoladawnwatson! You are more than welcome here on the ApoE4.info forum! We have members from all over the globe. We welcome those positive for ApoE4 as well as those who are not. :D

Let me take this opportunity to share some introductory information that may help you get started on your journey learning your way around the site.

The Primer was written by a physician member of the ApoE4.info community (also ApoE 4/4). It is written in terms that are easier for non-medical people to understand. You can access the Primer here: Primer

Here is a link to a page that will help you find your way around, learn how to tag people by quoting them as I have done in this post among other helpful information to know right out of the gate: How To Get The Most Out Of The ApoE4.Info Website

A forum can be a confusing place to find information on a specific topic. Using the Search function helps you find previous conversations or threads on topics that interest you. We encourage people to post to previous topics, even if they haven't been active for a while. It gets conversations going and often promotes new ways of looking at an issue.

In addition, you can search for a specific thread topic by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar at the top of the page. How To Search the ApoE4 Site

If you would like to share what led you here, please tell us about your journey by posting on the Our Stories Forum.

We are so happy to have you in our community and look forward to supporting you. One parting word is to encourage you that genes are not our destiny as once was thought. There are many lifestyle changes we can learn about and implement that change the expression of our genes. You will meet many ApoE4 positive members that have done this and are thriving in their 60's, 70's and beyond! Best to you and please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. :)

Warmly,
Rachel
RAJ64, BSN, RN
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
RAJ64
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RAJ64 »

Nicoladawnwatson wrote:I have just joined this forum as I have 2 ApoE 4 alleles. I am in the UK. Does that rule me out?
To answer your question about participating in the Biomarker study, my understanding is that this thread was started to poll our group for interest in participating in a study that hasn't yet begun. Perhaps others can weigh in on the criteria of the study and let us know if it was being planned for residents of a particular country.

Here is a quote from Julie G. snipped from the original post on March 31, 2019:
"The project is not imminent; however, we do need a preliminary assessment of member interest for an NIH grant application that is due soon. Grant funds could reduce member cost, enrich the information we receive, or both."
You can begin reading the entire conversation about the Biomarker study by clicking here: URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

It does seem like funding was being sought from the NIH in the US which may exclude those outside the US. I am not certain, but perhaps someone who knows will chime in. :D

Warmly,
Rachel
RAJ64, BSN, RN
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
healing
Contributor
Contributor

Post by healing »

Hi:

06/05/20 ogging in and interested in study but need to know more.
Also, was in brain fog recently at a talk and it actually scared me. You may have a thought or two.
Glad to communicate again because sense you could teach me things - which I need help with.

heaing
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

healing wrote:Hi:

06/05/20 ogging in and interested in study but need to know more.
Also, was in brain fog recently at a talk and it actually scared me. You may have a thought or two.
Glad to communicate again because sense you could teach me things - which I need help with.
heaing
Hi healing,
if you go to the first post in this thread Julie gives a good overview.
As for your brain fog at a talk, were you the one speaking or were you listening?
There is so much information on this website about how different individuals have regained cognitive
acuity after a foggy period. Many possible causal factors....hormone deficiency, toxicity, poor quality sleep
to list just a few. Some people on this site find they are much sharper when they are in ketosis.
But not everyone. Figuring out what is driving your individual problems and what solutions will work for you
is, in my experience, trial and error. (and testing)
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
healing
Contributor
Contributor

Post by healing »

where can I learn more?
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

healing wrote:where can I learn more?
That question is a little vague. More about the study? or about what is driving your brain fog?
healing
Contributor
Contributor

Post by healing »

Has testing for Biomarker Study begun?

Interested.
healing
Contributor
Contributor

Post by healing »

Juie:

Website overwhelms me. Cannot find where things are yet.

Study biomarker study - when does it start? Somehow interested in getting on board with this study.

heaing
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

healing wrote:Has testing for Biomarker Study begun?

Interested.
Healing~Here is direct quote from the response given by RAJ64 in a post a few above your first post:
To answer your question about participating in the Biomarker study, my understanding is that this thread was started to poll our group for interest in participating in a study that hasn't yet begun. Perhaps others can weigh in on the criteria of the study and let us know if it was being planned for residents of a particular country.

Here is a quote from Julie G. snipped from the original post on March 31, 2019:

"The project is not imminent; however, we do need a preliminary assessment of member interest for an NIH grant application that is due soon. Grant funds could reduce member cost, enrich the information we receive, or both."

Many of your questions about the study may be answered by reading the posts in this thread, especially the first post, by JulieG.