URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Including yourself, how many people from your family do you think are likely to enroll?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 am

2%
68%
24%
7%
No votes

Total votes: 119

OliveD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Post by OliveD »

I just read the cost of the program. At that cost I can not participate. Sorry.
betterfatburner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by betterfatburner »

Eager to participate, but can not access the poll. What is above the post is not 'active'. Could someone please walk me through how to access it?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

betterfatburner wrote:Eager to participate, but can not access the poll. What is above the post is not 'active'. Could someone please walk me through how to access it?
Hi "better",

Click on this link: Poll.

Then click on the "bubble" next to how many people in your family you think will be interested in participating. It should fill in the bubble--just like a scantron sheet in computer-scored school tests from decades ago. Then hit ""Submit" below that and you're all set!

Let us know if this doesn't work.
4/4 and still an optimist!
CanadianNB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CanadianNB »

I voted in the poll that there would be three of us in our family, but our 19 year old son hasn't been tested yet for the AOPE gene, and I will ask him as well. Will teens be welcome in the study? My daughter is 14 and is AOPE 3/4. I am AOPE 3/3 and I think it's so great that I can be in the study too! Actually, if truth be told, my husband seems to be doing better cognitively than I am in many ways. He can read an entire book in a few hours. Not me!
Here for my husband (65 yrs) and my daughter (14 yrs). Both are AOPE 3/4 and MTHFR T/T. My daughter is insulin resistant and my husband is Type 2 diabetic for 25 yrs. We are working on reversing this with keto diet and IF. I'm Canadian but live in the US.
Chicagomom3
New User
New User

Post by Chicagomom3 »

My husband and I would be interested in being part of the study. I'm E 3/4, and we don't know what he is, but he has no history of alzheimers in his family, where my father (E3/4) and all his siblings and his mother(my Grandmother) had it. My Grandfather passed in his early 70's and was sick with cancer for quite a while so no one knows if he also would have had alzheimers as well.

My sister, E3/3 also said she'd be interested.
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

chicagomom wrote: My husband and I would be interested in being part of the study. I'm E 3/4, and we don't know what he is, but he has no history of alzheimers in his family, where my father (E3/4) and all his siblings and his mother(my Grandmother) had it. My Grandfather passed in his early 70's and was sick with cancer for quite a while so no one knows if he also would have had alzheimers as well...
Hi chicagomom and welcome!
I'm so sorry to hear about your family's struggle with Alzheimer's. Please know that we have a shared passion in this community of ours to support one another as we learn everything we can to delay and hopefully prevent this disease. Like you, I'm also interested in participating in the Biomarker Study opportunity. If you and your family members haven't had a chance to respond to the Poll as yet, you'll find it at the beginning of this topic.

As you've just recently joined us, we highly recommend reading our site Primer written by a member practicing physician. In addition to being a great way to learn more about our community, it's truly a wonderful source of information about this ApoE4 gene of ours and offers clearly stated, prioritized lifestyle strategies focused on mitigating its effects. You'll find our site Wiki has more in-depth discussions on topics of interest to our members. For tips on how to get the most our of our website, check out our How-To-Guide. And to search our forums for topics of interest to you, just click on the magnifying glass along the upper right of this page..

chicagomom, please don't hesitate to ask questions of the group at any time as they come up. And again, welcome!
warmly, Lucy
cortex
New User
New User

Post by cortex »

Hello, I am also interested. I believe I responded to the poll, but this is my first post and am not quite sure. Apoe4 with family history of grandmother and mother with late onset dementia.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hello, I am also interested. I believe I responded to the poll, but this is my first post and am not quite sure. Apoe4 with family history of grandmother and mother with late onset dementia.
Welcome, cortex. We don't have a way of knowing whether or not you've weighed in on the poll. The poll only allows you to vote once, but you can change your mind. To include your vote with certainty, vote again with a different number, then correct it to the right number. That should work.
Davida
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Davida »

Let me welcome you as well Chicagomom3 to the APOE4 site. I am new also and have been amazed and delighted to find such a wealth of information and group of people so caring and dedicated. I see that Lucy has recommended areas on the site for you to gather further information. Please take a look, these may help with your journey. I applaud you for signing up for the Biomarker Study and being so proactive with your health care and that of your family. Especially considering your family history.
I hope you will continue to post and share more with on Our Stories.
All the best! Davida
Davida
FMCHC
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches Certification 2018
SideEye13
New User
New User

Post by SideEye13 »

4/4 Count me in!