Low Carb Denver 2020, Mar 12 - 15 (cheaper tickets in August)

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Low Carb Denver 2020, Mar 12 - 15 (cheaper tickets in August)

Post by TheresaB »

August offers Early Bird registration for Low Carb Denver 2020, March 12-15, 2020. This year the conference is being held in downtown Denver. The conference is open to the public (it's "sciencey" but not too "sciencey") and presents the latest scientific and nutritional approaches including Low Carb, Keto, Carnivore, Intermittent Fasting and Low Carb Vegetarian. I’ve been to every conference, except the first one and have enjoyed every one, not to mention I have learned a great deal at each event.

I'm looking forward to going again. Last year, a few of us APOEe4s got together, not exactly a formal meet -up, just a chance to meet each other and talk, exchange ideas, it was lovely. I hope we can do that again this year.

This link will take to you the impressive list of speakers slated for the conference.
https://lowcarbconferences.com/?fbclid= ... s#speakers

This link will take you to more information tell you how how to buy tickets.
https://lowcarbconferences.com/?fbclid= ... qUer98RKCs
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Sara Mushel, MS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Low Carb Denver 2020, Mar 12 - 15 (cheaper tickets in August)

Post by Sara Mushel, MS »

Thanks for sharing, Theresa! This sounds like a fascinating conference with a wealth of information particularly relevant for members of this forum. I would love to be able to attend one day. Do they pick a new theme every year, or is it essentially on update on the latest nutritional science?

Sara Mushel
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

TheresaB wrote:August offers Early Bird registration for Low Carb Denver 2020, March 12-15, 2020.
Sara Mushel, MS wrote:Thanks for sharing, Theresa! This sounds like a fascinating conference with a wealth of information particularly relevant for members of this forum. I would love to be able to attend one day. Do they pick a new theme every year, or is it essentially on update on the latest nutritional science?

Sara Mushel
Hi Sara,
I added a "quote"for Theresa in case she didn't "subscribe" to her post. Good question!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Flo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Flo »

Dear TheresaB,

Thank you for sharing the list of speakers at the conference - I'll be able to check them out and add them to my list of people to follow/resources, as living on the other side of the pond, I don't get to go to all these amazing conferences you seem to have access to.

Enjoy!

Flo

TheresaB wrote:

This link will take to you the impressive list of speakers slated for the conference.
https://lowcarbconferences.com/?fbclid= ... s#speakers
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Thank you NF52, I did miss this.
NF52 wrote:I added a "quote"for Theresa in case she didn't "subscribe" to her post. Good question!
Sara Mushel, MS wrote:Do they pick a new theme every year, or is it essentially on update on the latest nutritional science?
There’s no annual theme which I think is part of the appeal. There’s something of relevance to just about everyone: cholesterol, diabetes, cancer, athletic performance, pregnancy, etc. For me, one of the more fascinating presentations last year was on Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome despite the fact my time has passed, but I found the info was very interesting.

There’s nothing like being at the conference in person, hearing the presentations, having the opportunity to ask a question during the Q&A sessions, possibly getting some one-on-one time with one of the presenters, meeting and exchanging ideas/info with other attendees, reading the posters, sampling the wares of the sponsors, and skiing with some of the presenters/attendees after the conference.

But I recognize there is a cost factor. I would enjoy meeting you, so let me know if you can come, even for just one day, but there are options. One would be the live-stream option which is usually offered for a reasonable price. You can watch the presentations as they are presented or watch the unedited videos which are made available for a few weeks after the conference.

Even cheaper, as in FREE, is to wait for the presentations to show up on the internet. This takes a little time because the conference partners with https://www.dietdoctor.com/ and they get first dibs to present the videos behind their paywall since they tape and edit them. The videos are released for free watching one at a time about a week apart. If there’s a particular talk you’re interested in, it might show up early or after many weeks.

There are two options to watch the videos for free on the internet. The conference is co-organized by Dr Jeffry Gerber known as “Denver’s Diet Doctor” he’s also co-author of the book, “Eat Rich, Live Long.” Dr Gerber’s website holds all the videos from past conferences https://denversdietdoctor.com/category/ ... nferences/ and what’s nice about accessing the videos here is that a PDF of the slides is also available.

The other option is http://www.youtube.com on the Low Carb Down Under channel. The other co-organizer of this conference is an Australian doctor, Dr Rod Taylor. He also sponsors conferences in his country, thus Low Carb Down Under channel. He helps the conference here in Colorado because he enjoys the opportunity to go skiing here.

What’s nice about accessing the videos on You Tube is that an auto-generated transcript is an option under the three dots. It can sometimes be helpful to follow along with the transcript, although the auto-generation does result in odd translations occasionally.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Melanie R.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Melanie R. »

Dear Theresa,
Thank you for posting this information. It seems you've already gained so much from the last conference, and I can tell you're looking forward to next year. What a gift! There are so many wonderful presenters to glean valuable information from.
Although I won't be able to attend the conference, I think I will subscribe to the YouTube channel and perhaps add the "Eat Rich, Live Long" book to my reading list.
Thank you again for sharing!
Melanie
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (ReCODE)
Sara Mushel, MS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sara Mushel, MS »

I would enjoy meeting you, so let me know if you can come, even for just one day, but there are options.
Thank you for the thorough response and invite, Theresa! There are many helpful links here that I will check out. With two young children, travel is fairly limited these days but within a few years I would like to be able to attend in person. For now it's nice to have the remote option to "attend" the conference from home. I do agree with you, there's nothing like being able to experience these kinds of events in person. Enjoy if you go and I'll be sure to reach out to you when I do too!