Gene Therapy Trial for ApoE4 Homozygotes

HopefulCaroline
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gene Therapy Trial for ApoE4 Homozygotes

Postby HopefulCaroline » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Fredsbrain wrote:Is this trial still opened? I was diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment by a neurologist after an evaluation by a psychologist several months ago. But I didn't have any scans. Would I have to get a scan thru my neurologist or how can I get one ordered?

Fredsbrain,

Welcome to the APOE4 community. We are so glad you found us! You will find this is a very supportive community full of terrific information and likely great hope regarding improving symptoms of MCI. There is so much we can do to keep our brains functioning well. You have come to the right place!

You may want to review the Wiki page which has many helpful links about diet, lifestyle, supplement discussions and much more.

The Primer is another great resource as it may also be helpful in answering questions now or in the future. It is an introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry and possible prevention strategies. This is written by Dr. Stavia, a member, in layman's terms.

The search tool is also quite helpful in finding discussions on more specific topics. I hope this is helpful for you.

Once again welcome. We are so glad you are here!

Sincerely,
Caroline
Caroline
ApoE4.info Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
“What grows never grows old.” -Noah Benshea

Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Postby Sara » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Greetings Fredsbrain and welcome to the apoe4.info site. So glad you found us! This supportive community offers many opportunities to learn and share insights, as you have already found out. We would love to learn more about you and what led you to our site... if you are so inclined please consider sharing your journey via "Our Stories". If you haven't found it already, please feel free to use the Primer, which is a valuable educationtional resource for our members. Warm Regard.
Certified ReCODE Practitioner/Health Coach
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Supporting loved one diagnosed with AD

Fc1345linville
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fc1345linville » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:37 am

I too have spoken with Cornell and received a 13 page consent form. As it has already been pointed out in prior posts, this trial is truly pioneer work and the risks need to be very seriously considered. If they do not evaluate you as at least MCI, you will not be invited to participate. Only if I were to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's would I consider participating. Not there yet!

Fc

TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby TheBrain » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Fc1345linville wrote:I too have spoken with Cornell and received a 13 page consent form. As it has already been pointed out in prior posts, this trial is truly pioneer work and the risks need to be very seriously considered. If they do not evaluate you as at least MCI, you will not be invited to participate. Only if I were to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's would I consider participating. Not there yet.

I had the same experience and feel the same way.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!

Return to “Announcements and Events”