Check out our new podcast

Jlhughette
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Check out our new podcast

Post by Jlhughette »

Yes. I saw that too.I would have thought though, that you were so well optimized before taking Prodrone Neuro that your plasmalogens would have already been high?
Hughette
3/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Jlhughette wrote:Yes. I saw that too.I would have thought though, that you were so well optimized before taking Prodrone Neuro that your plasmalogens would have already been high?
Don't know as we didn't initially test. I know Dr. Goodenowe said he was able to optimize his dad, who is in his 80's, prior to developing the supplement.
Tincup
E3,E4
Jlhughette
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jlhughette »

That’s interesting. Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoy reading all your posts.
Hughette
3/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I'm happy to read here that Dr. G says that low triglycerides and high HDL, and maybe combined with low homocysteine (?) correlate with high plasmalogens, and also that DHA/EPA may help fascilitate plasmalogen production. I hope I've paraphrased some earlier posts here okay, since I haven't had time to listen to part two of his interview. If these cliff notes are true, then for the moment I'm good with not paying the megabucks and just continuing with my program, which is low TG/high HDL/low HCY/high DHAandEPA.

I suspect that some of you who are using Dr. G's product also have low TG/high HDL/low HCY/high DHAandEPA, so I'm curious why you think you need the supplement too?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi friends! I recently had an interesting and hopeful conversation with Dr. Hussein Yassine from the USC Keck School of Medicine about his work focused on the ApoE4 gene. You may recall Dr. Yassine from this Peter Attia Podcast. We focused primarily on the top ApoE4 mechanisms that lead to disease, how we can track out status, and intervene based on the evidence we currently have. Dr. Yassine shares dietary and lifestyle advice for healthy cognitive aging that is included in our show notes. You can also learn about the PREVENTE4 Trial that he is conducting to assess the effect of high dose fish oil for ApoE4 carriers. (We'll be sharing a recruiting announcement shortly.) Check out our latest podcast featuring Dr. Hussein Yassine with a full transcript, as always.