What's for dinner? We have recipes

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

What's for dinner? We have recipes

Post by TheresaB »

Just a reminder for folks, do you know we have a wiki with recipes?

Recipes from our members

I just added 3 recipes, not mine, but "borrowed" from fellow ApoE4 and excellent cook Janét Kniss. She has a YouTube channel that can be subscribed to called "Lectin Free Solutions" where she demonstrates her ApoE4 friendly recipes.

There are lots of other recipes too, in different categories: appetizers, beverages, baked goods, desserts, meatless main dishes, sauces, fermented foods and more!
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What's for dinner? We have recipes

Post by Jmac »

TheresaB wrote:Just a reminder for folks, do you know we have a wiki with recipes?

Recipes from our members
Perfect that you posted this reminder! My sister and I have been scouring the web for recipes.
Lily8
New User
New User

Post by Lily8 »

Are there any recipes for APOE4 specific, I understand that I need to curb my saturated fat.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Lily8 wrote:Are there any recipes for APOE4 specific, I understand that I need to curb my saturated fat.
It is not settled what is optimal. There are different opinions. There are ideas in our Primer,, there are ideas in Dr. Bredesen's books 1 2, my 4/4 wife and I are patients of Steven Gundry & follow his directives to us, which are also discussed in his books 1 2 and he has cookbooks, too. Lastly, there are members on this site who are vegan, carnivore and in between. Hence, you need to read and understand and make a choice for yourself. One of our members thinks that saturated fat is necessary, many others have seen increased small dense LDL and oxidized LDL with increased saturated fat consumption, so avoid large quantities of it.
Tincup
E3,E4
msdorney
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msdorney »

Lily8 wrote:Are there any recipes for APOE4 specific, I understand that I need to curb my saturated fat.
Welcome to the APOE4.info community Lily8! You will find a great deal of useful information about fats in the Wiki. Specifically, there are two sections that may be of interest to you regarding this topic. The first is a section on fats. The second is a section with recipes from our Members. Please also consider looking at the Primer written by a doctor who is herself, ApoE 4/4. It is an introduction to the science around ApoE4 and possible prevention strategies. Also, the How-To Guide can help you get the most out of your use of the site. Finally, please consider posting in the Our Stories Forum. It is a great place to tell your story and connect with other Members with similar concerns.