Introducing the Simply Made Well Cookbook

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Introducing the Simply Made Well Cookbook

Post by Julie G »

Congrats to our very own JML —Julie Luby— for the publication of a new online cookbook called Simply Made Well! As a food scientist, culinary expert and Bredesen-trained health coach, she’s uniquely qualified to inspire us all to get back into kitchen, and eat real food made with whole food ingredients to promote health and wellness. She’s teamed up with six colleagues, who are also National Board Certified Functional Medicine Health & Wellness Coaches, to create this helpful resource. While this book isn’t specifically geared to our population, I suspect that we’ll be able to modify many recipes to suit our nutrition goals. I look forward to digging in (pun intended ;)). Learn more here.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Introducing the Simply Made Well Cookbook

Post by JML »

Julie G wrote:Congrats to our very own JML —Julie Luby— for the publication of a new online cookbook called Simply Made Well! As a food scientist, culinary expert and Bredesen-trained health coach, she’s uniquely qualified to inspire us all to get back into kitchen, and eat real food made with whole food ingredients to promote health and wellness. She’s teamed up with six colleagues, who are also National Board Certified Functional Medicine Health & Wellness Coaches, to create this helpful resource. While this book isn’t specifically geared to our population, I suspect that we’ll be able to modify many recipes to suit our nutrition goals. I look forward to digging in (pun intended ;)). Learn more here.
Thanks Julie G! I need to comb through the recipes and create a list of which recipes would be most appropriate for this community. So many to choose from!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

JML wrote:I need to comb through the recipes and create a list of which recipes would be most appropriate for this community. So many to choose from!
Congratulations, Julie!
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Donna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Donna »

Hello:
Could anyone tell me what Brand of curcumin most people use and the one that Julie G uses?
I’m having some computer issues, so hope to receive the info ASAP. Thanks so much to all.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Donna wrote:Hello:
Could anyone tell me what Brand of curcumin most people use and the one that Julie G uses?
I’m having some computer issues, so hope to receive the info ASAP. Thanks so much to all.
Julie G wrote: I tried switching brands to Terry Naturally, Curamed. It worked! I still enjoyed the positive effects with NO negative side effects.
I found an older post from Julie G stating that she uses Curamed. But it is a few years ago. Perhaps she will chime in and share what she is doing now.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Donna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Donna »

Thank you so much for the quick response, really appreciate it. I quickly googled it and checked Amazon ; it’s pretty expensive. I’ll wait to see if Julie responds with any updates on brand and/or dosage/frequency.
nicjoesph@gmail.com
New User
New User

Post by nicjoesph@gmail.com »

I am new to this site. I don't understand is this book safe for us to eat everything in it. Or who is it for? I am having some struggles around diet and knowing what to eat so I was really praying someone would come along and do one. Is this it or we can't eat some food in this book.🤔
JeniO
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JeniO »

nicjoesph@gmail.com wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:30 pm I am new to this site. I don't understand is this book safe for us to eat everything in it. Or who is it for? I am having some struggles around diet and knowing what to eat so I was really praying someone would come along and do one. Is this it or we can't eat some food in this book.🤔
Hi nicjoesph,

Welcome to APOE4.info! We're glad you're here!

It sounds like you care about your health, are ready to make some changes to your diet, and would like to try some new recipes.

Julie G mentioned that this book isn’t specifically geared to our population, but that the recipes could be modified to suit your personal nutrition goals. It sounds like you are continuing to research and determine what is right for you.

As you continue your journey, these might be helpful:

Here is a link to the primer and our How to Guide.

As you may have already seen, there is a helpful search tool available in the top right-hand corner of the site that you can use by clicking the three dots next to your log-in id. You can use that to search for topics in the various forums. You could use this feature to search for other food-related questions that you might have.

If you'd like to tell us more about yourself and how you found us, check out the Our Stories Forum

We are glad you found us and hope that this site will continue to be useful to you in your journey.
Be well,
Jeni
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
"Don't judge each day by the harvest that you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

nicjoesph@gmail.com wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:30 pm I am new to this site. I don't understand is this book safe for us to eat everything in it. Or who is it for? I am having some struggles around diet and knowing what to eat so I was really praying someone would come along and do one. Is this it or we can't eat some food in this book.🤔
As one of the authors of the book, I can tell you that not all of the recipes are appropriate for a Ketoflex-type diet. (It was written for a more general crowd to encourage eating whole foods.)

Have you found the recipes in the Wiki? There are many in there that will work. I have my coaching clients focus on lots of non-starchy vegetables, clean proteins, eating the colors of the rainbow, lots of healthy oils (olive, avocado, nuts, seeds) and very few fruits. If you can do it, track your food for a few days in Cronometer.com or Carbmanager.com to get a really good idea of your macronutrients.

And don't forget to enjoy the food you are eating!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Barbara
New User
New User

Post by Barbara »

Please let me know how can I purchase the Simply Well Cookbook. I am in Spai n and I am new I am new i n alll the Bdredesen protocole, starting in March with a doctor here to do all the Recode tests.