New wiki - Gut-Brain Connection: Leaky Gut/Leaky Brain, Microbiome (gut bugs)

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

New wiki - Gut-Brain Connection: Leaky Gut/Leaky Brain, Microbiome (gut bugs)

Post by TheresaB »

The glaring need for a wiki on the gut has been nagging at me for a very long time. With the change in weather bringing fewer demands for yard and garden work, I finally had enough free time to buckle down and assemble some research to write it.

If you don't understand why tending to your gut can improve your chances of avoiding Alzheimer's, cardiovascular disease, and many other health ailments, then this wiki is for you!

The link: Gut-Brain Connection: Leaky Gut/Leaky Brain, Microbiome (gut bugs)
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: New wiki - Gut-Brain Connection: Leaky Gut/Leaky Brain, Microbiome (gut bugs)

Post by Julie G »

Deep bow, Theresa. This is an excellent addition to our wiki. My understanding on the importance of the gut microbiome deepened during this recent conversation with Dr. Bredesen about the role of infections in AD. One of his assertions was that we used to be either positive or negative for a specific infection, but now, with emerging microbiome science, our infection status can be more accurately viewed as being on a sliding scale. Tending our microbiomes is a primary step in building resiliency and upregulating immunity. Thank you for taking time to educate us all.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New wiki - Gut-Brain Connection: Leaky Gut/Leaky Brain, Microbiome (gut bugs)

Post by TheBrain »

Theresa, thank you for creating this wiki page. I’ve read through the material, and it’s excellent. I’ll be clicking on those many links for a deeper dive.

I recently did a BiomeFX stool test, which uses whole-genome sequencing to determine the microbiota that’s in the gut. It also measures various gut functions. I’ll be working with a virtual healthcare practitioner (my first appointment is today) to hopefully achieve a state of gut eubiosis. I’ve had gut dysbiosis for many years, and my BiomeFX results certainly show that.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!