The Bredesen Protocol in South Africa

Julie G
Mod
Mod

The Bredesen Protocol in South Africa

Post by Julie G »

Kudos to one of our members, Dr. Willem Mostert, who has put together a large gathering of South African physicians and other practitioners (400+) to meet with Dr. Bredesen tomorrow to begin the first steps in bringing the protocol to his country. Dr. Tim Noakes, who was put on trial (and prevailed) for recommending a ketogenic diet will be giving the closing remarks. I'm very proud of Willem for his activism. You can see his intro to the community below:
Hallo

I am new to this site and glad I was by the grace of God exposed to Dr Bredesen's work. 14 months ago I was diagnosed with onset Alzheimer's and here in South Africa this is your death sentence according to everybody but only until you read Dr Bredesen's work. I was in bad shape and tried to follow the Bredesen protocol on my own after I read his book. I did a FDG Pet scan after 12 months and the result: ''Normal FDG Brain" I am 69 years of age and better than ever before.

I am now trying to get the South Africans and our doctors to buy into the Protocol: My project is called: "Help me grow the membership base for Dementia Survivors." This is an uphill task and to change the mindset will take time. I am now trying to recruit 10 medical doctors, 10 dentists and 10 brain health coaches to do the ReCODE02 training. The plan is to create a critical mass so that people here can get hope and discard the doom attitude imposed on us.

I am not a medical doctor but a social scientist and enrolled for ReCODE 02 myself. Wish me luck and thanks for allowing me to be part of this site.

I attach a proposal I send to one of our large medical aid schemes to apply for funding for the project.
Grow the Dementia (Alzheimer's) Survivor Club.pdf
Willem Mostert
Any South African practitioners or potential participants who would like to attend the seminar tomorrow, Tuesday, December 1 at 20h00 (8-9:30 pm) South African time, are welcome to join by registering in advance: https://brain-fit.net/dr-dale-bredesen-webinar/. I'll be there and look forward to virtually meeting you all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ibhayirob
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Bredesen Protocol in South Africa

Post by Ibhayirob »

Hi willem

From pe
By the grace of god maybe
i came across your name in a dale breseden south africa search
Im trying to convince my saiki team to follow his protocol
I actually come from ct and went to school with tim noakes
Hi tim
How are your symtoms
Mine dont sound as bad as yours were but they should be much worse
Any advice on my journey would be much appreciate
Rob

75 years old and still surfing

The net at least
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Ibhayirob wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:37 am Hi willem

From pe
Hi tim
How are your symtoms
Rob

The net at least
Welcome, Ibhayirob!

We're so pleased that you joined and posted from South Africa! We had a wonderful health coach intern, Renny Letswalo, from S. Africa a few years ago, during the difficult first months of the pandemic of Covid. I just wanted to let you know that your friends Dr. Willem Mostert and Tim Noakes may not see this post, unless they happen to also see Julie Gregory's helpful post about Dr. Mostert's and Dr. Bredesen's collaboration.
I think it's great that you are doing ANY kind of surfing, whether in water or on the internet!

Warmly,
Nancy
4/4 and still an optimist!
TPE
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TPE »

Ibhayirob wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:37 am Hi willem

From pe
Hi tim
How are your symtoms
Rob

The net at least
Hello, Ibhayirob! Welcome to the site.
You're one up on me, I've only surfed the net, but would love to catch some waves one day.

Wow, Dr Willem Mostert is a trailblazer as is Professor Noakes. With more people like them, the Bredesen Protocol will soon be widely accepted and lauded.

Speaking of surfing the net, as a Support Team Intern, I can share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience here on this site. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

If you are interested in learning more about the journey of other members check out Our Stories.

You will find a wealth of information here on the main Wiki Page: Wiki Main Page

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum. All the best on your journey. I hope you find helpful resources and friendly support here. We hope to hear more from you soon.

Warmly,
Therese
Daughter of Mother living with Vascular Dementia
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
Still learning
Ibhayirob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ibhayirob »

Thanks nancy
I didnt think of that
I guess i should try to contact Dr mostert directly for info about the breseden protocol
So what is this forum about and whats the best way to get involved
I've lived with brain damage for fifty years
And im trying to plan for the last fifty
With a little help from the www
Thanks
Rob
Ibhayirob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ibhayirob »

Hi Theresa

These forums confuse me
I've got to get a system going
Anyway I copied your post and will work thru it this weekend
I hope
Keep learning
Rob
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I guess i should try to contact Dr mostert directly for info about the breseden protocol
I'd be happy to send an email of introduction to Dr. Mostert. Can you please PM me your email address?
Ibhayirob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ibhayirob »

Two pm on out box how to send them to julie
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Two pm on out box how to send them to julie
Yes, received, my friend. I'm having a bit of a hard time reaching Dr. Mostert. I'm going to keep trying. If I'm not successful, I'll find others who are offering the protocol in South Africa. Out of curiosity, where do you live? I'd love too find someone as close to you as possible.
Ibhayirob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ibhayirob »

Hi julie
Thanks so much for the trouble
I live in Port elisabeth in the eastern cape
I'm currently working though dales book and trying to convince my doctors to let me start active prevention immediately
I mean exercise sleep healthy eating and fasting has to be good for everyone irrespective of his barrage of tests
Have a good day now