Bredesen study

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Maria
New User
New User

Bredesen study

Post by Maria »

Hi all

Thanks for this forum. I’m an 3/4. My mother have dementia and I guess my father is heading in that direction too. He don’t want to meet due to Covid. We live in Sweden.
Last year Dale Bredesen talked about a new study that would end in December 2020, an the report planned for January 2021. Anyone who knows about It? I Hope some good information could help when talking to my father and his fiancee.
nerdymel23
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bredesen study

Post by nerdymel23 »

Maria wrote:Hi all

Thanks for this forum. I’m an 3/4. My mother have dementia and I guess my father is heading in that direction too. He don’t want to meet due to Covid. We live in Sweden.
Last year Dale Bredesen talked about a new study that would end in December 2020, an the report planned for January 2021. Anyone who knows about It? I Hope some good information could help when talking to my father and his fiancee.
Hi Maria!

You have amazing strength and we're here to support your search for knowledge. It's been a difficult year not being able to see our family members. I'm glad your father and his fiancee are open to learning. Since you are ready to learn more and share with your family, you can click this link to the entire Wiki to find an extensive index of many topics related to APOE4. Another great place to review is our PRIMER: An introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies. The Primer is authored by a member physician and the thread offers accessible science background and prioritized, sensible preventative measures.

I believe the study you are referring to is the one mentioned in this thread Urgent: Biomarker Study Opportunity. This particular survey received many replies. It is no longer recruiting but gives us more insights. It became a study involving a few Bredesen-trained doctors using the Bredesen Protocol with their patients, and the study organizers have said that the results should be available later this year.

If you are interested in more of the latest research you can find updates in the ApoE ε4 Alzheimer's Research: What's New and How YOU Can Accelerate Research portion of the wiki.

Please don’t hesitate to continue sharing and asking questions. There are many resources available through this forum. We are all learning together as a community!

-Melissa
ApoE3/4
Board Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
Certified Wahls Protocol Health Coach
Certified ReCODE Health Coach
Maria
New User
New User

Post by Maria »

Thanks Melissa for your reply.
It is really a goldmine of information and support herr.

:D
mala
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mala »

hi Maria,

Im thinking you are referring to this Clinical Trial, which completed in Dec 2020, with the results promised for "early in 2021".

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7433&p=78479#p78479

Kat Toups MD, who is part of the study, wrote in that thread on Jan 11 -
The last patients finished in our clinical trial in early December. 25 patients completed the nine month trial.
We are now working hard on analyzing all of the data.
We have some great data to share!
I can't wait!