Chagal
New User
New User

Re: An opportunity to participate in an E4 trial

Post by Chagal »

I'm APOE4 on both genes.
rs7412 CC
rs429358 CC

I signed up at Muse Labs, but it seemed to only be a subscription. I'm hoping they are still needing people for research. My DNA test was my maternal line, however, my paternal grandmother died of Alzhemer's as well as my maternal grandfather. I haven't even tested those lines. I'm 40 and already suffer from severe brain fog and memory loss. I need to be proactive to feel better about this.

Does anyone know if they are still needing participants?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome NicoleM & Chagal! If you've read a little of this thread, you can see the study opportunity is in flux. We're waiting to hear more from Muses Labs regarding both the study AND the opportunity to use their services as customers. I just emailed their CEO asking for an update.

In the meantime, many of us are trying to apply Dr. Bredesen's protocol on our own. Here's a link to a thread with his most current recommendations:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1391
tramey
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tramey »

I just rec'vd a call today from Muse Labs and they emailed me information we will review via phone next week. I was turned down on being an official member of the trial, today's call appears to welcome me as a paying customer. I'll see how the phone call goes, I am very interested in the protocol but it's expensive.
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bentkat »

Those of you who are participating in the MEND experiment, what/who is your study partner?

I have an interview tomorrow with my Muses Lab coach & wonder if the need for a partner, in addition to the cost, would make my participation prohibitive.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

I received a call from Vicki Hicks this past Monday - she left a voicemail - which, in my true fashion, I didn't hear until today. She said she was calling about the MEND protocol. I just left her a voicemail.

Very interesting! I wonder if those of us who didn't make the first round are now being contacted for a second tier? :)

Ah, bentkat! I see you got a call, too. Weren't we among the rejects on the first go, and we lamented here together? ;)
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Mark13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mark13 »

Is this open to US Citizens only? I am living in Canada. I have two copies of the APOE ε4 variant and am in my late 30's.

Thanks,

Mark
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Yea Lilly! I hope they call me soon. Then I will have to make up my mind. Any updates on the cost to us will be greatly appreciated so I can think ahead. I'm not sure if they've changed since an earlier post about it, which was, I think, $200 per month plus costs of tests and supps?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Cool, Circ! If they called me, they'll call you. And, yeppers, I'm totally with you. Still not sure if I want to be limited.

I'm sorry, but I don't know about the cost of the Bredesen supplements; however, I will tell you that I finally figured out the cost of my myriad supplements (I use all of the Bredesen protocol, anyway): woo, boy.

You truly don't want to know how much I spend per month. :( But each time I try to cull the herd, I'm all, like, "No! I needz dat! How 'bout dis? Nope. I needz dat, 2." :( :( :(

And...the testing. Not down with that AT. ALL. :(
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Will they ask us to remove anything we're taking, or just to be sure we take what they want us to take. Obviously if there's a safety issue between the two it would be a problem, but if safe, presumably they're looking at baseline labs based on what you're doing, then adding. Keep an open mind. You may not need everything you're taking. With all the pathways involved, they may be able to optimize your protocol in a way that also simplifies it??? Don't know!

By testing you mean cognitive testing and/or images? Do we know what they're doing along these lines, or has this been under wraps? Presumably we would be held to the same non-disclosure standards as those in the official study.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bentkat »

After my conversation tomorrow maybe I will be able to answer your questions. The annual cost is estimated to run around $7000.

Looks like now they are reaching out to the original rejects. I had given up on Muses Lab and might just continue doing my own version of the Bredensen protocol.