An opportunity to participate in an E4 trial

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: An opportunity to participate in an E4 trial

Post by Tincup »

I can relate to Dr. Bredesen's multifactorial approach to AD. As I've previously posted, I've had idopathic afib for over 10 years. Within the first 3 months of diagnosis, I developed a multifactorial approach to controlling it and keeping myself mostly in remission. Daily, I consume magnesium to bowel tolerance (currently 3-5g/day), also 1-2g of potassium as citrate or bicarbonate and 4 g/day of taurine. I also restrict calcium intake. This mostly keeps me in rhythm. For those times that it dosen't, I use a loading dose of the drug flecainide to convert back in an hour or two.

You can bet I think a multifactorial approach is fine. In fact, I think it is outstanding!!!
Tincup
E3,E4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Andrea, so sorry about your mom. My dad died at 82 from AD so I've been down your path.

Welcome and I hope you find this forum a great resource on your journey!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Here is the info on the origin of the Buck Trust:
https://www.buckinstitute.org/history
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

I might be related to Beryl Hamilton Buck as I am descended from a Hamilton ancestor. Small world if so, as she created the institute and now I am contributing to her vision with ideas and perhaps people as well.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie,

Just checked with my 4/4 fiance'. She confirmed she is very interested in participating in the study, if the opportunity presents, as am I.

Cheers,
Tincup
E3,E4
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

The CR Society's last conference was at the Buck. It's in Novato. Might be another site near L.A., but I'm pretty sure the anti-aging/-AD stuff is all in Novato. Beautiful place. Not too expensive hotels right near the institute.

P.S. My heart goes out to all of you with so many loved ones who've succumbed to dementia. My family history is weird: 3/4 parents pushing 80 in great shape, but most of my Dad's Dad's 6 siblings got AD, but never before their mid-80s. My mom's side: no dementia, but (that might be because) virtually everyone dies very early of heart disease (also an ε4 pathology, of course...).
dshipley0917
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dshipley0917 »

I would like to participate!
James
Contributor
Contributor

Post by James »

Count me in!
Janpeter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Janpeter »

I've been out of the loop awhile, but this seems like huge news, albeit still very priliminary. Amazing how Nicely it dovetails with Perlmutter's protocol.
APO E3/4
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Wow!! Thanks for the tip. I clicked on "Get started" and filled out the form. Fingers crossed this will be avail. soon.

GB

Later edit: I had two windows open, and meant to write the above in the thread about Theranos. I'll leave it here to remind me of the importance of getting a good night's sleep. :D