Got mine. Working on it tonight.
Sandra Z
E4,E4

Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

Re: UPDATE re. an E4 trial with Dr. Dale Bredesen

Postby Gina99 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:32 pm

I did get mine after the correction and I was able to open it. Working on it now.

Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Russ » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Got mine, too. Filled it out and sent it in.

Russ
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.

Kathleen1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Kathleen1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Got mine. Will work on it tomorrow am.

MarcR
Mod
Mod

Postby MarcR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 am

Received and returned for parents, spouse, myself.

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm pleased enrollment is going well. As always, please post any questions here. The study is still open to all, sign up here if you haven't already: https://museslabs.com/mend-study-sign-up/

jacquie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jacquie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi Julie and all,

I finally got my paperwork and have been filling it out today/tonight. I will fax it in tomorrow. Thank you so much for this information and the possibility of participating in this study. It sounds really exciting and interesting. I hope they can take all of us, but at least signing up will put us on their radar for future studies too. But Julie you are terrific for setting up this forum and connecting us all to this study. What a great opportunity for all of us to be in the forefronts of this type of research study, and preemptive medical research. Let's hope this will be the answer! Yes, and with regards to supplements, I am hearing a lot about what different ones can help, and will share that with all of you here. @Merouleau- thanks for your providing the link and your comments. That is neat that you and other of your family members are all interested in the study. I have thought about trying to get my mom to do this too - I am sure she might be having some memory issues that could be a sign of something, but talking her into this study might be tough, however I do have her taking B vitamins now along with Turmeric and Curcumin, alpha-lipoic acid and a couple of other ones. It is hard to convince her that she might be needing this stuff though... hmmm - anybody else having an issue like that with their parent?

Also, there is an interesting summit going on right now on AutoImmune disorders, in case you would like to listen to this. I haven been listening to these summits all summer, but this one looks like an especially interesting group of doctors and medical professionals studying everything from Lyme to sleep disorders, MS, or any number of other things that could affect those of us with these predispositions. I have found from listening to other summits that you can learn a lot from the speakers, even if you don't have the exact problem that they are discussing. I signed up as an affiliate for this one - not trying to promote it just for me though, but just to share the fact that I have learned a lot from other summits I listened to, and think this one will be very good as well: https://dm186.isrefer.com/go/summitreg/japel/ - which is my affiliate link. This one looks especially interesting. I am listening right now to one of the webinars right now on sleep disorders, and how they affect the brain, who is susceptible, etc. They are discussing circadian rhythymns and how light triggers our internal biological clocks, both on a cellular level, as well as in our brains. Adrenal hormones play a big role in being able to allow the body to fall asleep, but there are also some other very interesting things that can be controlling sleep patterns, including artificial light. The person interviewed is a sleep researcher at Stanford. Seems like if they could just create individualized sleep medicines for people, based on what is off in their chemistry, we could fix a lot of things! Lack of sleep though he says does affect cognitive abilities, and can lead to serious illness as well.
Last edited by jacquie on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie
Apoe 3/4
and A1298C ++
Leaky gut & Lyme - but not a victim!

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:40 pm

I know this is creating some confusion, but I just want to clarify- even if you aren't officially chosen for the study, Dr. Bredesen/Muses Labs has still offered to put us all on the protocol and follow us for as long as we are willing to participate. You will still get a personalized plan; based on your medical history/current labs that will be tweaked periodically based upon your results and any new evidence that becomes available.

The only difference between officially being in the study & unofficially being followed is that the latter will pay for their own labs/supplements/medications. You will still have a world class clinician guiding your care with a comprehensive multifactorial strategy. I can't say it enough. This is truly an amazing opportunity.

jacquie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jacquie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Thank you Julie! That is good to know, and sounds like a great opportunity, regardless.

I am working on revising my form and will send it all in tomorrow by fax. I had a long list of supplements and need to retype it so it isn't too hard to read - I had written it in by hand. I am also submitting a health summary as well as the questionnaire. I will send it all in tomorrow. :)

Night! Need to get some sleep now, so I can get this all done! Thank you again for everything, Julie !! 8-) Go get some sleep yourself! We can talk again tomorrow.
Jackie
Apoe 3/4
and A1298C ++
Leaky gut & Lyme - but not a victim!

TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby TheBrain » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:58 am

I have received the Muses Lab paperwork, completed the questionnaire, and signed the HIPAA form. I submitted everything through email.

After hearing Julie say that she got an encrypted blank form to submit additional information, I'm wondering if I should request that as well.

I recently learned that in addition to being e4/e4, I have a SNP that is associated with earlier onset of Alzheimer's disease, by about 7 years. Per my Promethease report, it's the TOMM40 gene (rs2075650), and I have two copies of the risk allele (G,G).

I just caught myself saying "I feel doomed," but I quickly reminded myself that I will be participating in this study, whether formally or informally. I'm 54 years old and very motivated to live a long, healthy life!

This is all so new to me, and I am finding that I have to titrate all this information about Alzheimer's. Fear gets triggered so easily. However, I am intending to dive into researching the topic (including doing lots of reading on this forum) after I get started with the testing and then the protocol.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!

Return to “Announcements and Events”