UPDATE re. an E4 trial with Dr. Dale Bredesen

LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Re: UPDATE re. an E4 trial with The Buck Institute

Post by LillyBritches »

And I'm GLAD he's not testing our cognition at this point. Jul, you know that I declined that part of my PhysioAge workup, despite Dr. Trutt's trying to convince me otherwise. I just couldn't do it. I always test high and issue-free when self-testing; if that's an illusion, let me live on with it. :)
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

I do not know how many of the members log on each month to the site or if ski has the ability to send out an email advising of a possible trial?
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie,

My 4/4 fiance and I are in.

Thanks for your efforts!

George
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I hear you re. cognitive testing, Lilly. You know I feel the same. At some point, however, we WILL most likely engage in baseline and period checks of our cognitive abilities. Preservation or restoration of THAT, after all, is our endpoint- right?

Great suggestion, WA. I'm working on it.

Yay, George! I'm sure it will be a very bonding experience :D
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

I'm DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTEDLY in.
JulieAnnie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by JulieAnnie »

I'm completely "in" for the long haul. I see it as an opportunity and hope to see all of us on a 60 Minutes episode where we are interviewed about how this amazing study came about!! :D
Kathleen1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Kathleen1 »

Hi, I am in
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

My loved one and I will adhere to the protocol, though perhaps not officially through the Institute.
If our loved one's doctor would write a script through Theranos, then we could have the lab testing done.

Here are some ideas and questions about the program.

-What are simple carbohydrates?

To Reduce stress, we might try the new wearable EEG machine Muse, or fo.cus transcranial stimulation
(We also have a MindWave that is quite relaxing especially when used in Biofeedback mode).

-It would be helpful to have a Brain Stimulation/Testing website which could be monitored by the Institute.
Using single test data points for cognitive testing seems antiquated.

-EvoraPlus for oral hygiene might be a good addition.

-Ashwagandha is very relaxing. Perhaps L-Theanine and Holy Basil could also be included.

-We also use Silica Liquid concentrate. Human research has found that silica can help with AD (reduces aluminum
toxicity)

-Gerbil diet might help. Uridine 5'Monophosphate, DHA, and choline. (These are the ingredients of Souvenaid which has
proven to be effective in AD. All ingredients can be bought on the internet.)

-Acetyl L-Carnitine arginate

-Niacin for HDL

Genetic testing through 23andme or exome scan might also be useful for a personalized program

Surprisingly, iron metabolism is not included in the list of toxic metals.
Iron metabolism is especially relevant to me as I came back APOE epsilon 4+, HFE C282Y, and TF C2. Research from
2004 found that all 14 such tri-carriers were assessed with AD or MCI (OR=37.5). This rare genotype comprised
8% of the AD cases in the study. Further, all 5 tri-carriers of HFE C282Y and H63D, and TF C2 were assessed as AD or MCI. The articles noted that 20-25% of Western European populations carry iron risk geno-sets for AD. At the same time,
the articles also noted that these iron metabolism disorders are treatable. In fact, the most successful treatment
trial in AD history used desferroxamine, an iron chelator. It slowed progression in mild to moderate AD patients
by 50%. Patients were not selected by genotype. No AD treatment center has followed up on this result. It would be
a valuable contribution to AD research if a personalized protocol could be developed through the Institute to reduce iron metabolism problems. A natural iron chelator (wheat grass juice was suggested on the internet) combined with biomarkers might greatly benefit those at risk.

We will take a miss on the Magnesium L-Threonate. We gave our loved one the recommended dose and there was
a dramatic side effect. Half an hour after the dosage, our loved one collapsed, lost consciousness and muscle tone for
over 15 minutes. After we related this to her doctor, our loved one was arrested pursuant to a Mental Health Warrant.
After a week of observation she was released. We were told if this were to happen again, she would be arrested again
and not be released.

We contacted the research team behind the product and they were quite surprised by the reaction. There is likely some
strange genetic mutation involved in her magnesium pathway.
Last edited by J11 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm happy so many are interested. I, personally, think it's an amazing opportunity.

J11, you bring up some interesting points especially re. the iron. My guess is that will be covered? If it's not, it's certainly something we can all keep an eye on. I know I do. Many of the supplements you mention ARE included in he protocol. I like that Dr. Bredesen is individualizing using each plan. Obviously, nobody would be encouraged to take a supplement that they had previously had an adverse reaction to.

I'm just trying to gauge interest at this point. I know we all have many questions. By signing up, you are doing just that- expressing interest. You are obviously welcome to drop out at any point if you are uncomfortable with the protocol.

For me, the opportunity to have world class experts hack my methylation, hormones, inflammation, toxic metal levels, metabolism, zinc/copper ratio, etc. AND then periodically test, tweak, and follow my progress- is a dream come true :D
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

J11,

As to iron, how about frequent blood donation? As I don't have the HFE C282Y issue, I actually have to be careful how often I donate to keep my ferritin above 30.
Tincup
E3,E4