Dr. Bredesen's Study - Muses Labs

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Dr. Bredesen's Study - Muses Labs

Post by Julie G »

I don't know enough to advise, AB4Me. I would proceed cautiously and ask lots of questions. If Dr. Bredesen is no longer working with them, who has taken his place? Perhaps email Vik Chandra, their CEO, directly for information: vc@museslabs.com
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

Julie-- I'm not considering working with them-- was just wondering what was happening since they abruptly stopped communicating when Dr Bredesen left.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Muses Labs is still in business, and I am still with them. Blood testing for my second protocol will be in mid-November. Hopefully, generating this next protocol will take much less time than the first one.

I also thought they would go out of business, but my coach said no, they are moving forward. They are expanding their group of medical advisors and will be using them in a more robust capacity (for example, to help generate the protocols). I asked who they are and was told I couldn't be told--yet.

Muses Labs is also working on refining their protocol recccommendations (such as expanding their dietary recommendations) and improving their protocol reports. They are still helping with the immersion programs for new participants enrolled in Bredesen's study. So his study is still going on, and Muses Labs is still working with the study participants.

I expressed my concern to Br. Bredesen that perhaps he had been mistreated. He responded to me, but not to that concern. So I don't know anything about the split.

I talked to my therapist about this situation because of my concerns, and she said it is common practice in medicine for medical experts to expand on the work of others. And that there is nothing wrong with that. And that seems to be what Muses Labs is doing.

Is anyone else here working with Muses Lab?
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
BerniF
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BerniF »

I contacted them a few months ago just before the split but they could not work with me as I'm in the UK. They did say that they were planning to start a clinic in th UK this year but I've heard nothing since.
ApoE 3/4
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Eek, y'all.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ApropoE4 »

Becoming ever more sketchy...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 88947.html
The MEND protocol developed by Bredesen has now been utilized by over 100 participants with early Alzheimer's disease or its precursors; MCI or SCI, with a majority showing improvement in symptoms and many able to remain at work or return to work.

Dr. Bredesen and his colleague's company, MPI Inc. will have a website live for interested parties by mid-late January 2016 see http://www.mpitherapeutics.com for more details.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

For me, this press release brings some clarity, although I'd still like to know more about what happened between Dr. Bredesen and Muses Labs. But it's really not my business to know.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ApropoE4 »

Well, he's now on board with some Hollywood PR people (Fanfare Entertainment / Reckoning PR) who've developed a "revolutionary" medical app. Oddly, this app was previously reported as having been developed together with Muses labs.

https://www.fanfareentertainment.com/pr ... muses-lab/

Meanwhile, Muses have signed up Dr. Marwan Sabbagh, author of the Alzheimer Prevention Cookbook. :lol:
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Well the Dec 2015 article out of New Zealand (http://www.mpitherapeutics.com/assets/d ... search.pdf) linked to from the MPI website (http://www.mpitherapeutics.com) had this to say:
He has almost finished a book and is working with a Silicon Valley group on a smartphone app to help coach patients through the programme. Is he somehow cashing in on all this? He bristles at the question.
“No. We haven’t. I have no financial rela- tionship with any supplement company, with any vitamin company, with any herb company, any of that stuff. The thing that is bothersome to everybody is the idea that there’s some quack out there trying to give people false hope, in the hope of making money for himself, or fame, whatever. That’s the last thing we want to do.”
Assuming this remains the case, Fanfare looks like they have the expertise and experience to create an app that would have very widespread effectiveness getting the word out and help a lot of people for FAR lower cost than joining Muses and paying for their coach time. I'm all for it for now but will watch developments. https://www.fanfareentertainment.com/#about-us

Don't judge a book by its cover?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

If the app is good, I'd consider it. It's not like I need the extra motivation of a health coach. I'm motivated regardless.