Protein Linked to Longevity and Enhanced Cognition Also Protects Against AlzheiGreat News for Those with Klothos Variant

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Protein Linked to Longevity and Enhanced Cognition Also Protects Against AlzheiGreat News for Those with Klothos Var

Post by Julie G »

KTG, your interpretation and translation seem correct. This isn't for the faint of heart, eh? :roll:

That's a great list, Harrison. I love how you've clearly identified the risk allele. THANK YOU!. Here's a few other links for the brave souls among us:

From our Wiki:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Alzheimer_genetics

Genome-Wide Association Meta-analysis of Neuropathologic Features of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4154667/
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Protein Linked to Longevity and Enhanced Cognition Also Protects Against AlzheiGreat News for Those with Klothos Var

Post by Starfish77 »

My RS9536314 = GT. I varied a lot on the other SNPs. Some of my SNPs contradicted each other.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

That's great darling Starfish!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

TOMM40 probably should be on the wiki page, but I'm not sure how it fits in ...
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
ktg000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ktg000 »

Thanks everyone. I'll have a look at those Julie. I'm very pleased that some people have klothos, but am slightly jealous! Now I'm on a hunt for an older person without it. K
ε4ε4
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Stavia wrote:
LillyBritches wrote:But, Stavia, think about how good you'll feel if you do have the variant. Same coin, different sides, though, so I completely understand not wanting to check. You're 100 times less compulsive than I
Ok. I looked Lillydarling. GT. phew. Thats three good in a row. I'm NOT looking anywhere else.
SO. AWESOME. :D I'm with Jewel - completely not surprised. :D What are the other two?

And why don't we have one of those party horn thingies here for *celebratory* purposes?

From Starfish:
My RS9536314 = GT. I varied a lot on the other SNPs. Some of my SNPs contradicted each other.
WOOT! :D Ladies, we're battin' - um - whatever the good number is. I always say "1,000," but I've been corrected myriad times on that one. Mebbe it's 100? Oh, hell. Who cares?

YAY on the GT sistas! :D
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Ah. Just saw the protective "list." Woo-hoo! I got me four of dem good ones...plus Klotho.

Here at LillyCo, we welcome any and all neurodegeneration prophylaxis. Crumbs, I tell ya. Toss this old double-four broad some crumbs.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

For those who are brave enough to check, and feel discouraged if they do not have any protective SNPs, including klothos, just remember my 97 y/o mom is like Cir, between a 3/4 and 4/4 and does not have any protective SNPs thus far. Stanford interviewed her over the phone for an hour, so they are convinced that she must have some novel protective SNP and will be studying her. She is convinced that following her "lifestyle & supplements (including estrogen)" have prevented dementia. If no protective SNPs pan out, she could be the poster child of Bredesen's protocol.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Kit, we are blessed that you and your mom are a part of our journey together. It's all about hope and optimism and your mom gives us that in spades!!! Please tell her we all want to give her hugs!
ktg000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ktg000 »

Thank you Kitano. Hear hear SusanJ. I'm so glad I'm on here with everyone
K
ε4ε4