More on the AD and Herpes connection

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
PhillyFree
Contributor
Contributor

More on the AD and Herpes connection

Post by PhillyFree »

More on the AD and Herpes connection:

http://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/examin ... le/409953/
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: More on the AD and Herpes connection

Post by tesslo »

when I had shingles the antiviral medications gave such relief I will take them anytime ! They also will have to be my treatment for the flu since my doctor advised me not to get the flu shot anymore.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

tesslo wrote:when I had shingles the antiviral medications gave such relief I will take them anytime ! They also will have to be my treatment for the flu since my doctor advised me not to get the flu shot anymore.
Why did your doctor advise this Tesslo?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I've had shingles twice already, the second episode a year after getting the vaccine. I now take 500 mg valacyclovir as a preventive. I'd hate to have it resurface in my CNS, but I saw one article suggesting herpes zoster wasn't normally found in the brain like simplex. My doc thinks I should get another vaccine, but my mast cell symptoms were terrible for about four months after the first. Although other things could have caused that it makes me nervous and I can't decide whether to get the vaccine again. I guess several months excited mast cells isn't as bad as AD! I wonder why they don't include zoster in these studies.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.