Wendy3/4 wrote:I am a Generation 2 trial participant taking oral CNP520/placebo daily for 2 weeks. Anyone else in the "same boat" interested in interacting?
I am in a slightly different boat, taking either CNP520 (50 mg) or a placebo daily in the Generations 1 trial, for those with ApoE 4/4. Welcome to a group of people who know just how noisy an MRI machine can get--and who are committed to spending some of the next 5 years helping to advance the science towards not only an effective preventative drug, but a whole host of possible biomarkers (blood, PET and MRI scans) , cognitive tests and food surveys that may help to light a path for others.
The Generations 2 study is testing two different doses of CNP 520 (50 mg. first and then 10 mg.) for people with both ApoE 3/4 and 4/4. I assume that you're in the 50mg/placebo group, with about a 68% chance of taking the real drug and a 32% chance of taking the placebo. (I like those odds--much better than Powerball!)
I'm guessing that it's only been two weeks since your "baseline" day. Hope you felt like I did that it was great to finally get "in the boat", although the 90-day screening process ensures that people have had lots of support in deciding if this is the right move for them. There are several people on this site who are in Generations 1 or 2, ranging from pretty recently to almost 2 years. I know of no one who has had to drop out due to side effects, and have personally found that the staff on my site are helpful, deeply appreciative of my time, supportive of changes I've made to supplements, and understand the need for occasional medical procedures.
You will find the ApoE4.Info members are open, wise, eager to share and always ready to help others in their search for answers. I hope you'll explore a bit and jump into any conversations you like, as well as share your perception of the Generations Study experience.
If you'd like to ask more questions privately, feel free to send me a Private Message. (And no, I don't let anybody know what's on the tests. ) I'm sure the same is true for all the other folks who have publicly said they are in the Generations Program: "lol", "mardi", "p45va" "lindy" and "johndoealzh". "John" is the only one in Generations 2; the others are in Generations 1.
Hugs from a fellow traveler on the boat!