Designing an E4 Fasting trial...

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Designing an E4 Fasting trial...

Post by Stavia »

your bread is not raised by yeast in the US????
no wonder it tastes funny...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

GeorgeN wrote:Humans may need to go significantly longer than rodents for the same "signal".
I think that could be right, but it may depend on the signal in question. The interesting CR Society discussion (previous link) makes me wonder whether more frequent two-day fasts might be optimal for many (again, depending on what signal they want to optimize). Who knows? No one. We really need more research.

But, meanwhile, I had a curiously cool and positive experience and am ready to push it out to at least six days (that doesn't include my low-cal descent days), starting now! Though, at least as randomly as you, I'll TRY to wait a full ten days. :mrgreen:
GeorgeN wrote:So I (sort of randomly & seemed to be something like what they were doing with the rodents) chose to eat 10 meals (10 days) and skip 4.
I'm (stably, pretty sure) down 2 kg after my fast (morning, voided weight: 69.5 kg; CR low, where I had "live forever" biomarkers: 54 kg.), but still near a historically high weight for me. (Note: I'm an extreme ectomorph, 179 cm.) The calcification news really freaked me out so I want to go down a couple more kilos, which would mean mild daily CR, and see how my sleep is.

I actually have a long roadtrip starting in a few days, and want to start the fast so that I don't have to think about food while driving. Makes it easier. Might even go to zero calories instead of FMD. Load up my Moby-Dick audio book; water and a few vitamins in the seat next to me; call me Ishmael and off I go.

xo
G
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Notes on my, and others', if they want to add them, fasting experiences now here:

Experiences with FMD/multi-day fasts