Is calcification reversable?

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Is calcification reversable?

Post by Russ »

G,

To accelerate any dive into K2, you can find Chris Masterjohn's deep dive into K2 here (report and podcast) ...

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2016/12/ ... /?_sf_s=k2

FWIW, access to fat soluble vitamins (A, D, K, E) in their natural whole-food context is one of the strong arguments for including pastured dairy or animals fats in one's diet. I supplement w K2 because although I have good access to pastured meats, I don't have high confidence in the limited pastured dairy I can get as actually being high in these FSV's. Supplementing w FSV's might make extra sense in your CR context.

Chris is the one that unlocked the mystery of Vit K2 w/r the work of Dr Weston A Price's data wherein he just called it "Activator X" as he knew there was something important in the butter fat, but didn't know what it was. Although the presentation is really crappy, here is the data that Dr Price tracked over 3 yrs from butter fats measuring concentrations seasonally. The big sine wave superimposed is solar insolation (i.e. driver of Vit D), and the counter trending dipping curve is mortality. The dotted curve is labelled as Vit A + Act X (i.e. K2).
Weston Price Vit A & K.png
Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.
deno
Contributor
Contributor

Post by deno »

I have a high Calcium Score (1080) so I use vitamin K2 every day. I have a nagging worry that maybe my body knows best and it is protecting me from unstable plaque breaking free with with stable calcium deposits and that I shouldn't be messing with the system.
WhatNext
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by WhatNext »

N=1 here, and not heart-related, but many years ago (30?) I had a mammogram that showed calcification in one of my breasts. Today I think they'd say it was pre-cancerous, but at the time it was interpreted as the result of some injury, which made sense. While nursing my son (now 32 years old) I had a series of painful infections in that breast. Some years later--maybe 4: at that age I didn't have regular mammograms--there was no sign of calcification, and it has never come back.

WhatNext
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Interesting stuff everyone. Thanks.

Russ, the Chris Masterjohn interview is worth a close study. Fascinating.

Meanwhile, have you all been following the attempts of Bill Faloon from the Life Ext. Foundation to move effective, somewhat radical age-reversal therapies forward? There are many interesting initiatives underway or soon to be underway. More on those later.

But one worth mentioning here: senolytics. Here's a report about reduction in calcification by senolytics. Extremely promising.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 082246.htm

G
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

Gilgamesh wrote:
But one worth mentioning here: senolytics. Here's a report about reduction in calcification by senolytics. Extremely promising.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 082246.htm

G
Very interesting. Had not been aware of novel senescent cell concepts until the Dr Campisi interview. Feels like a very important new thread for research... and doubly interesting that may have impact on lateral calcification.
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.
progranulindefect
Contributor
Contributor

anyone reversed their own arterial plaque?

Post by progranulindefect »

My doctor says i have more plaque than he is used to seeing in a 52 year old female in my carotid arteries (based on carotid doppler). i don't know how to make sense of the report. on my right side i have a RICA/RCCA ratio of 1.0 and on my left side i have a LICA/LCCA ratio of 1.4. does anyone know where to find tables so that i can make some sense of these numbers? the report says "Partly clacified plaque is noted in the areas above but Doppler findings fall within the less than 50% diameter stenosis range of both ICAs.
has anyone here actually reversed the amount of plaque in their arteries? if so, how did you do it and how long did it take? thanks.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Re: anyone reversed their own arterial plaque?

Post by Gilgamesh »

Hey there, P,

Please see the thread I started on this topic not long ago.

There is hope! (But we need more research.)

G
progranulindefect
Contributor
Contributor

Post by progranulindefect »

a poster here by the name of George said k2 did not help him reverse arterial plaque. so no one here has personal experience of reversing arterial plaque...
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Hello all,
This is very interesting - food is medicine !!!
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/how-cl ... mple-fruit
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Progranulindefect

If you haven't seen these articles, there are some nice discoveries there.
16 good substances researched for arterial plaque:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/disease/arterial-plaque

All these articles are extracted from pubmed.org
jolicoeur
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)